The Michigan - Michigan State rivalry just got ratcheted up a bit.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
7 Michigan State Players arrested for attacking Michigan player in the tunnel.

"Following the altercation between members of the Michigan and Michigan State football teams on October 29, the University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security (UMDPSS) conducted a thorough investigation into potential criminal liability," a statement released Wednesday afternoon read. "At the conclusion of that investigation, UMDPSS submitted to the Prosecutor’s Office a request for criminal charges against several individuals — all student-athletes on the Michigan State football team."

— That would be like the Ole Miss PD recommending charges against MSU players if that happened here. There would absolutely be riots and burned landscape if that happened.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Normally, I would say just suspend the players, but the video was pretty bad. Sorry, I'm too lazy to look for it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
— That would be like the Ole Miss PD recommending charges against MSU players if that happened here. There would absolutely be riots and burned landscape if that happened.
If MSU players cornered an OM player and beat him down, then held him up to beat him down some more, I could see charges being recommended. Same for if MSU players trapped an OM player and struck the OM player with helmets multiple times while working to keep him from getting away.
And if OM players did that to MSU players, I could see charges being recommended.

At what point is something no longer handled internally and is instead criminal behavior? I would say when the game is over and players are walking in the halls, that is well into the point where charges could be recommended.

Reactions: RocketDawg

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Normally, I would say just suspend the players, but the video was pretty bad. Sorry, I'm too lazy to look for it.

Yea it was pretty bad. But you know how rivalry’s are.

Michigan’s fans are livid over the assault… now Michigan State fans are livid over Michigan being the ones publicly pushing for charges.

when it shakes out… what should happen is what will probably happen. But the fans won’t make it that easy.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Did Herbstreit chime in on it? He’s triggered by that kind of thing. No room in college football for that kind of thing or something like that.

MonroeDawg8356

Oct 31, 2022
I do love a good dusting up in these rivalry games. However, this is a little bit much. I feel like Michigan needs to shoulder some of the blame here. **** goes down every year in that hallway whether it be Mich State or Ohio State. Separate that damn entrances to the locker rooms and this problem takes care of itself.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login