The more I read about Lebby, the more

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
wood I get. Wants to run 81 offensive plays per game? Only one team broke 80 this season. Wants his QB to be get rid of the ball quickly... Was offering schollys before the official announcement was made. Going to work the portal, understands and believes in big time recruiting. Understands the state and SEC.

My only concern is that so many folks are praising the hire, it reminds me of the national reaction to us hiring SloMo.

He's a big ole baw too, between him Lemo and Cheese, no buffet in Starkvegas is safe.

Last edited:

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
wood I get. Wants to run 81 offensive plays per game? Only one team broke 80 this season. Wants his QB to be get rid of the ball quickly... Was offering schollys before the official announcement was made.

My only concern is that so many folks are praising the hire, it reminds me of the national reaction to us hiring SloMo.

He's a big ole baw too, between him Lemo and Cheese, no buffet in Starkvegas is safe.
Would love to see some more stats on pace of play other than plays per game. Because theoretically, the more explosive plays you have would cut down on the total number. If your scoring drives are 6-7 plays rather than 10 or more. Maybe plays per touchdown or TOP per points or something like that.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Would love to see some more stats on pace of play other than plays per game. Because theoretically, the more explosive plays you have would cut down on the total number. If your scoring drives are 6-7 plays rather than 10 or more. Maybe plays per touchdown or TOP per points or something like that.
Dang dude, that's next level stuff, way over my head. This season, OU averaged 76 offensive plays, we averaged 64.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
They also had 68 touchdowns compared to our 15, so pretty much a wash there
We only scored 15 touchdowns all season?!? I know I was watching some pretty crappy football, but that’s got to close to an all-time season low….

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
wood I get. Wants to run 81 offensive plays per game? Only one team broke 80 this season. Wants his QB to be get rid of the ball quickly... Was offering schollys before the official announcement was made. Going to work the portal, understands and believes in big time recruiting. Understands the state and SEC.

I believe a lot of the JoMo hype from media came from the fact Moorhead gave off an air of competency - he talked a good game about his offense, and the media ate it up. He never missed an opportunity to show off how smart he was and treated every interview like it was a coaching clinic. Contrast that with Leach, who was a legit football savant. He would rather talk about literally anything besides Xs and Os.

Reactions: prdubya

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Dang dude, that's next level stuff, way over my head. This season, OU averaged 76 offensive plays, we averaged 64.
Yeah it would certainly be a deeper analytic dive. Would just be interesting to compare to other top offenses. Obviously better offenses will run more plays. I would guess a vast majority of our ~6 play drives ended in a punt. Whereas I imagine OU had plenty end in a 30 yard TD.

To clarify, I'm not questioning who's offense was better between us and OU. I would just like to see how Lebby's offense compares to other fast offenses.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005

I agree. I was dead set aGAINST this 'bouta week ago. But, my guy Chadwell, didn't want to move so we had to find the best candidate to revive the program ala Dan Monken. So, I'm on board

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login