The most Cohen quotes of all time

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Context: Auburn is searching for a softball coach. The old coach announced his retirement 10 weeks ago and it's been more than two weeks since Auburn's season ended, so folks are getting antsy.

Nominee #1:
“I feel more of an urgency to get it right than to do it quickly,” Auburn athletic director John Cohen said when asked about the coaching vacancy at an APSE region meeting on Monday morning.

Nominee #2
“It’s like everything else we deal with, we live in an information age,” Cohen said. “There’s more information to go through and decipher than ever before. So, it just takes a while.”

Nominee #3
The question I love to ask the most to our candidates: ‘If you had a pie chart, in your opinion, what percentage of the pie chart to get to Oklahoma City would involve recruiting and evaluation and what portion of it is player development?’

I'm all in on #3.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I'm going with number

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Alabama is in the WCWS, so of course they are.....
It's kind of like how Ole Miss didn't care about WBK until we started competing for national championships. Suddenly, they were hiring Coach Yo and going all in with the transfer portal.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Context: Auburn is searching for a softball coach. The old coach announced his retirement 10 weeks ago and it's been more than two weeks since Auburn's season ended, so folks are getting antsy.

Nominee #1:
“I feel more of an urgency to get it right than to do it quickly,” Auburn athletic director John Cohen said when asked about the coaching vacancy at an APSE region meeting on Monday morning.

Nominee #2
“It’s like everything else we deal with, we live in an information age,” Cohen said. “There’s more information to go through and decipher than ever before. So, it just takes a while.”

Nominee #3
The question I love to ask the most to our candidates: ‘If you had a pie chart, in your opinion, what percentage of the pie chart to get to Oklahoma City would involve recruiting and evaluation and what portion of it is player development?’

I'm all in on #3.
What circle do you hang out with where people are getting antsy about a softball head coach, do you own a Suburu?

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
John cohen makes my head hurt. Get off your *** and make a damn decision. I’d hate to have him as a leader on the battlefield. Geez.. the man will get you killed. Quick.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
So they hired a husband and wife as co-head coaches. I don't want it to happen but if for some reason they get a divorce as co-head coach....

Tell Me More Get Ready GIF

HotMop

May 8, 2006
So they hired a husband and wife as co-head coaches. I don't want it to happen but if for some reason they get a divorce as co-head coach....

Tell Me More Get Ready GIF

I hope they paid the husband more than the wife.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
This is some “smartest guy in the room” stuff for sure. Why hire one good head coach when you can have two wholly unproven ones??!

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

Nominee #1:

Nominee #2

Nominee #3

I'm all in on #3.
Need an update, are folks now less or more antsy?** (well done on the quotes)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login