The MSU Drumline Got the Shaft For Pregame in My Opinion

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Always enjoy watching the drumline after the dawg walk but to me the new location they moved them to is terrible. Not sure who made the call to stick a stage with a live band right up against the junction anyway. With so many tailgates having their own speakers plus the band on stage didn’t seem like a great setup to me.

So my post week 1 gripe of the week is give the drumline a better spot to perform. Carry on….

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I got there a little late. Where did they put the drum line? I thought the same thing about the stage location. The location up next to the stadium last year seemed fine to me. Although last week wasn't that bad, there are normally lots of loud sound systems right around that area competing for attention. Now they add this to the mix. If it stays in the same location next weekend, that area will sound like total chaos.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The fan tailgate was fine were it was. I don't see any advantage to moving it to where they did. Because Moving the university tailgate in front of dorman did the following...

1. Displaced the band.
2. Displaced long time tailgaters from that spot.
3. Closed Creelman for the entire day. So you can not use the street to drop of tailgate supplies in other spots near there.
4. Crowded Dawg Walk.

Hopefully Florida is looking for an AD this spring.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I got there a little late. Where did they put the drum line?

Here’s the new location. They were basically standing in a bout 6 inches deep of pine straw and didn’t have much room. Seemed like they had to scale back a little due to the space. Also very cramped trying to watch them.

“Join us at the Southeast corner of the stadium on the Brick Plaza north of the M-Club Building immediately following the Dawg Walk for a special performance by the Famous Maroon Band Drum Line.”

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
No. Not affiliated with anyone in the band.
You should. Band members are freaks in the bed.
The fan tailgate was fine were it was. I don't see any advantage to moving it to where they did. Because Moving the university tailgate in front of dorman did the following...

1. Displaced the band.
3. Closed Creelman for the entire day. So you can not use the street to drop of tailgate supplies in other spots near there.
4. Crowded Dawg Walk.

They should have placed the stage directly in front of the M Club instead.

Reactions: Doghaus

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We blame the AD but some of the on campus pregame stuff he probably has not control over.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I think I've asked this before, but why don't we host the pregame pep rally, live band, etc. on the literal stage and amphitheater right across the street from the stadium? It's right there and there would be plenty of room for fans to go in and out. Just keep the tailgate tents on the perimeter like we used to, you can't tailgate on the slope anyway. Clear the kids playing football out when it's time for the pep rally. You could have the bus unload at the back, the players go across the stage and then straight to the stadium. As a bonus, everyone gathered there could actually see the players, unlike now if you're 6 rows deep on the sidewalk.

I'm sure there is some reason not to utilize that stage, but it sure seems like an easy solution.

Reactions: Bulldog45

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
We blame the AD but some of the on campus pregame stuff he probably has not control over.
Everything that happens on gameday including the weather is the responsibility of the AD. This includes how important it is to wear white shirts. Out of curiosity, does anyone have a strong opinion on that?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

1. Displaced the band.
4. Crowded Dawg Walk.

-No tailgaters were displaced, the bandstand was right by us and had food trucks by us but were still in our spot in front of Dorman.
-Creelman wasn't closed all day, it was open until 10:00 for drop off, I used it. It will be open until 1:30 tomorrow.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
I have an idea. If they went to the trouble to set up a huge stage where the drum line used to do their show, why not just let the drum line use the stage? It'd be great to have them elevated. We have a pretty bad *** drum line to begin with, so why not show them off on stage?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
-No tailgaters were displaced, the bandstand was right by us and had food trucks by us but were still in our spot in front of Dorman.
-Creelman wasn't closed all day, it was open until 10:00 for drop off, I used it. It will be open until 1:30 tomorrow.
I will take your word on it regarding the road. I got there after 10am.

Yes some tailgater did move. Not all but some had to.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login