The new carpetbagger on WCBI...........

cutbaitdawg

Feb 24, 2008
Says ole miss is a lock unless the pull a one and done in the SEC. He's from Montana, he knows.

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007

</p>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I realize you're cowbell9 and therefore you have to act like this, but what really does it matter to you? Your team just won the SEC West, and is a lock for the dance. And I believe if you get a good draw, you actually will have a really good chance to make a deep run with this team. If my team were in that situation, the last thing I'd be concerned about is what is going on with any team on the bubble.

The sad thing is, you'll have a bunch of your fans whose NCAA experience will be ruined if Ole Miss gets to go too. And it appears you might be one of those. Even more sad than that, we have a bunch of fans who would be the same way if they were in your shoes.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
If Ole Miss was a lock for the tournament, you wouldn't discuss what other SEC teams might get in also?

I think that's pretty normal, and I think he was pointing out the ignorance of a new local sports guy more than we was shitting on Ole Miss.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I'd be discussing other teams sure, but I sensed from cb9's post that he was a little ticked that someone would suggest we might make it in.

If we were a lock for the tourney, I'd care who else made it, but I wouldn't be ticked off about who made it or who didn't. We both have fans that can't enjoy their own success if their rival is also having success. I was sensing that from cb9's post, and I was saying it's ridiculous for anyone to feel that way.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I agree that it's rediculous to feel that way; I just didn't "sense" that from his post. I think you were being overly sensitive to someone talking about your Rebels. If someone who gets paid to follow sports claims that a team that isn't likely to make the tournament is "a lock," he should be called out on it. It isn't anti-Ole Miss to do so.</p>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Apologies then to you cb9 for mis-reading your post. But my point still stands about the people who are so sad that they can't enjoy their own success if it comes in conjunction with the success of a rival. We have a bunch of them on our side as well. I've just seen some of it over on your sheep board lately with us being a bubble team, and it makes me laugh.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
We both have fans that can't enjoy their own success if their rival is also having success. I was sensing that from cb9's post, and I was saying it's ridiculous for anyone to feel that way.
It must be your time of the month, because I don't think CB9 was trying to do that at all. He was pretty much saying the guy doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, which I agree with. I think the Rebs have to win at least 2 to get in. Also, it's going to depend on how the other bubble teams do. To say the Rebs are a lock for the tourney with 1 win is idiotic unless he's talking about the NIT.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login