The NFL Wildcard Playoff Weekend Thread

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have a feeling this is going to be a wild weekend after last weekends games showed that we are really starting to have some parity among the top 10 teams. You could seriously make a case for almost any team to go far in the playoffs except maybe the lower teams that just squeaked by.

I know Green Bay is really difficult to be in Green Bay but it has been done. As in the last few years we always had that one team that was a step above the others and really we don't have that this year which I hope is going to be an indication that we will have some very great football to watch. My wife were discussing (yeah she really likes football) when I call her that one of the reasons you see the stronger play from players in the playoffs is because they get bigger bonuses the further they go in the playoffs. I know I'd be playing my *** off if I was in their shoes.

I don't have a favorite except for Dak so I have to pull for the Cowboys. Other than Prescott I've always been a New England fan. I know it sounds like I'm just riding the coattails of a winning team like a Bama guy grabbing a T-shirt in Walmart but I've followed them for a lot of years even when they were crappy. The only other teams would maybe be Tennessee (wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them win) or Tampa Bay repeat. The only thing I care about is that someone beats Green Bay... please.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I think it's gonna be a blast. My only minor quibble, is I wish they'd scheduled one of the extra games for tonight instead of going 3 wide on Sunday and one Monday nite.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I would be pretty shocked if Tampa or KC loses this weekend. Philly and Pittsburgh just don’t seem like they have what it takes to beat Brady or Mahomes in a Playoff game.

Every other game is very much up for grabs. The Vegas-Cincy game that kicks it off on Saturday could be the most entertaining one of the weekend. The temperature in Buffalo tomorrow night is going to be about 5 degree Fahrenheit so who the heck know what to expect from Bills-Pats. Cowboys-Niners and Rams-Cardinals should both be very good games.

I think the only upset I’m picking is Cards over Rams. The Niners have been a very trendy upset pick this week, so much so that I feel like it’s too obvious and the Cowboys end up winning. I think I like Cincy and Buffalo at home, and the Monday game is a true toss up but I’m picking against the Rams just because they pissed off the Saints yet again.

Super Bowl pick for me is Packers-Titans. Maybe it’s a little lame to pick the one seeds, though the Titans have kinda flown under the radar in spite of their great season. I think they are getting healthy at the right time and I think the Packers are just the best team this year.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
I bet a 2-team parlay today, raiders +6 with bill ML. Didn't love any of the lines this weekend, but bet this to keep me interested tomorrow

Aug 3, 2019
I
I don't have a favorite except for Dak so I have to pull for the Cowboys. Other than Prescott I've always been a New England fan. I know it sounds like I'm just riding the coattails of a winning team like a Bama guy grabbing a T-shirt in Walmart but I've followed them for a lot of years even when they were crappy. The only other teams would maybe be Tennessee (wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them win) or Tampa Bay repeat. The only thing I care about is that someone beats Green Bay... please.

AT&T stadium will be full of 49er fans. Cheapest ticket is $185.00- for SRO behind each end zone. The cheapest parking pass is $145.00. Cowboy fans aren't gonna get stiffed by Jerry Jones for that amount of cash. Jones doesn't care if the about Silver and Blue- the only thing he cares about is green.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
AT&T stadium will be full of 49er fans. Cheapest ticket is $185.00- for SRO behind each end zone. The cheapest parking pass is $145.00. Cowboy fans aren't gonna get stiffed by Jerry Jones for that amount of cash. Jones doesn't care if the about Silver and Blue- the only thing he cares about is green.

I had no idea how good the SF fans were till they came to New Orleans in 2019. Both teams were really good, and they had a huge crowd there. Only team I've saw bring that many to the super dome when the saints were good is Pittsburgh

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Super Bowl pick for me is Packers-Titans. Maybe it’s a little lame to pick the one seeds, though the Titans have kinda flown under the radar in spite of their great season. I think they are getting healthy at the right time and I think the Packers are just the best team this year.

The Titans have used 82 players this year to fill their roster, two shy of an NFL record. They just find a way to win and are getting healthy at the right time with an extra week to heal. Even though, they're prone to 'bad' games where turnovers are the poison pill. As a die-hard Titan fan I have all the (Georgia style) hope, but if they make it that far, the Chiefs are going to be a tough out.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
San Francisco has been a very trendy pick in gambling circles this week. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone on the Cowboys.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login