The only thing at The Dude that impressed me this past weekend

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
This past weekend's beatings at The Dude left me looking for other things to occupy my thoughts while I was sitting there trying not to look directly at what was taking place in front of me. I began to notice the organist from the Atlanta Braves was playing the same songs over and over. I then noticed he was actually playing walk up songs for each of the Vandy batters. I'm sure it wasn't "their" songs, but the guy had obviously gone through their roster and picked out a couple of songs for each player. Examples: Diaz (#11) was the theme song for Stranger Things. Austin's was the theme song from Austin Powers. Vastine was STP's Vaseline. Rogers was the theme song from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Parker Noland (#25) was the Spiderman theme song (Peter Parker...) and Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4" (That one took me a while.). I was impressed and glad that he took the time to do all that. It gave me something else to think about other than what was happening to us on the diamond. Was anyone else impressed by this or even notice it?

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
This past weekend's beatings at The Dude left me looking for other things to occupy my thoughts while I was sitting there trying not to look directly at what was taking place in front of me. I began to notice the organist from the Atlanta Braves was playing the same songs over and over. I then noticed he was actually playing walk up songs for each of the Vandy batters. I'm sure it wasn't "their" songs, but the guy had obviously gone through their roster and picked out a couple of songs for each player. Examples: Diaz (#11) was the theme song for Stranger Things. Austin's was the theme song from Austin Powers. Vastine was STP's Vaseline. Rogers was the theme song from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Parker Noland (#25) was the Spiderman theme song (Peter Parker...) and Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4" (That one took me a while.). I was impressed and glad that he took the time to do all that. It gave me something else to think about other than what was happening to us on the diamond. Was anyone else impressed by this or even notice it?
That's his schtick, and I like it. He even takes suggestions on Twitter (@bravesorganist)

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I tried to figure out KY’s walk outs. The only one I recognized was One More Last Chance for Bryce Chance.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Here's the story of him playing at The Dude

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login