The Opt Outs have lowered my interests in the Bowl Games outside the CFP.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
It seems you just can't base things on the regular season and whose actually playing who. Has the SEC won any? Seems The SEC is getting the schit kicked outta of them.

But it also seems we have an advantage over IL regarding Bowl Rosters.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah I think we are seeing with Covid and recruiting SEC just not as strong top to bottom. Notre Dame is top half SEC level team most years. Just not top tier. So they got talent to make this a hard game.

Mizzou was just okay this year
Ole miss was over rated all year
Arkansas was up and down but mostly over rated.
Florida was not good this year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It seems you just can't base things on the regular season and whose actually playing who. Has the SEC won any? Seems The SEC is getting the schit kicked outta of them.

I mean... outside of Mississippi State, would you know the difference if somebody didn’t point all of them out to you?

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Arky won in a 3 OT game. If you can't enjoy watching OT games I don't know what to tell you. Maybe watch some Lifetime Network. Deadly Yoga Retreat is on at 7:00
Didn't imply watching the games weren't enjoyable it's just you can't asess conference strength like before.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I mean... outside of Mississippi State, would you know the difference if somebody didn’t point all if them out to you?
I just get bits and pieces and remember our disaster last year. All kinds of things I see regularly about opt outs.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Didn't imply watching the games weren't enjoyable it's just you can't asess conference strength like before.
Assessing conference strength is way down the list of priorities and it was that way even before opt outs. Other than playoff games, bowl games are just exhibitions so it’s a total guess what teams show up.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Most people realized this in 2014

playoff changed everything

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Because a meaningless exhibition game isn’t worth the risk, unless you are trying to make a name for yourself.
all games are meaningless exhibition games for 95 percent of the players and teams. Most won't go pro and most won ever win a championship or make the playoff. The more players realize this the better off they will be. But few play for pride and love of the game anymore. Too much $$$$ involved

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009

cool starry, bra
53FD9697-D2E0-4ED8-9574-2E9152DC3D98.jpeg

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
My suggestion is then just don’t watch.
The quality of the bowl games are inexorabalanty terrible and non competitive so it’s a good thing you haven’t had interest or watched.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Because a meaningless exhibition game isn’t worth the risk, unless you are trying to make a name for yourself.
It's literally not a meaningless exhibition game though. The W or L goes on the official record, the stats count towards the season totals, and the fans get pissed as hell when the team loses. All pretty much the same as any other non-rivalry game for teams not in Playoff contention.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The quality of the bowl games are inexorabalanty terrible and non competitive so it’s a good thing you haven’t had interest or watched.
I still enjoy watching but when I read things like "KY's QB opting out" it just makes the games less meaningul IMO.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If we aren't playing in it and it's not a playoff game I have no interest anymore. The number of empty seats at the games says the same thing. I grew up watching every one of them but the sheer number of bowls and .500 or worse teams playing makes them meaningless to players and many fans

Reactions: patdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Sucks to be you. From the J State game to the Gator Bowl there have been some incredible games. Today’s suck so far but it have been an incredible bowl season so far.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sucks to be you. From the J State game to the Gator Bowl there have been some incredible games. Today’s suck so far but it have been an incredible bowl season so far.
Doesn't suck to be me as I always enjoy watching the games.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login