The real story:

wasabaka

Sep 17, 2012
Yes, we blew it with two free bags in the 9th with two outs; however, two runs on ten 17ing hits won't win you many games. It especially won't win you home games against LSU when you know the pen is unreliable.

Beef pitched a gem tonight to put us in position for a win. KC got some hard licks that our defenders were able to wrangle. Fristoe was cruising until he didn't get that third strike call with two outs (it was the right call - out of the zone), and then promptly put two on base.

The bottom line is that it should have been more than a one run lead in the ninth. Two runs off ten hits is not going to win SEC home games. That is pathetic production. I don't have enough knowledge to speculate as to whose lap that falls in.

Our pitching is definitely suspect this year after the injuries we have sustained. The staff was good enough to win this game 26 outs into it, but there should have been a bigger cushion going in to the top of the 9th.

17ing 2 runs on 10 hits SMH

Grove Sh*tter

Aug 25, 2014
Not having a Sims type closer cost us the game. Fristoe had a miracle last Sunday, but he AINT lights out.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
We have no clue what we're doing with our pen. Development is damn near non-existent.

AlSwearengen

Aug 22, 2012
Fristoe wasn’t really cruising. The two outs were hit on the nose, just right at people. The only reason that I can see for not letting Hunt finish was to give Fristoe a chance to grow his confidence and establish himself as a closer. Big gamble and we lost.

And yeah, we left a small village on base last night.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think he is referencing the foul ball that the guy barrelled. But the pitching melt is overshadowing how bad this offense is

Last edited by a moderator:

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I knew in bottom of 7, when we couldn’t get run off of toe tapper, that our chances had just decreased drastically to maintain the win. I just refused to believe at that time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login