The same outfits that praised the Moorhead hire hate the Lebby hire.

Sep 29, 2022
Mississippi State: Jeff Lebby

It's understandable that MSU would want an offensive-minded coach after such a difficult season under Zach Arnett, but Lebby might be the most low-floor/low-ceiling hire in the Power 5 this cycle. Sure, the Bulldogs will play superfast and likely be able to put up some points in some games, but it's hard to expect a first-time head coach to elevate the program back to even what it was under Dan Mullen given this is one of the most difficult jobs in the SEC. Throw in the tone-deaf nature that Lebby has had when responding to father-in-law Art Briles surfacing in the headlines and this feels like a bigger headache than it should be in Starkville. Even some initial success and an odd big win or two should be measured against the difficulty Lebby will have in sustaining a winning program beyond three or four years. Grade: F

They must get a bonus every time they bring up Briles because has nothing to do with Lebby's coaching. This kind of BS can't help with recruiting.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
The first one says that since this is a hard job to takeover, then Lebby is a bad hire. They even say Lebby will score points, play fast and have a feeble upsets in our favor. Wouldn’t that make him a good hire? I guess Saban was the only A+ hire given our situation. Personally, I’m very pleased with the job Lebby has done in his short time here.

Sep 29, 2022
The first one says that since this is a hard job to takeover, then Lebby is a bad hire. They even say Lebby will score points, play fast and have a feeble upsets in our favor. Wouldn’t that make him a good hire? I guess Saban was the only A+ hire given our situation. Personally, I’m very pleased with the job Lebby has done in his short time here.
Yeah you'd think a guy who plays fast and scores a lot of points is the definition of a high ceiling guy. Also don't enjoy how "most difficult job in the SEC" is now stated like it's an established fact without any explanation. What makes it the most difficult job in the SEC? It's harder than Vandy?? Please.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Yeah you'd think a guy who plays fast and scores a lot of points is the definition of a high ceiling guy. Also don't enjoy how "most difficult job in the SEC" is now stated like it's an established fact without any explanation. What makes it the most difficult job in the SEC? It's harder than Vandy?? Please.
Is it harder than Arkansas for that matter? They’ve had one disaster after another so maybe that is the harder job. Or maybe they have the most stupid athletics administrators making hires.

Reactions: Shane of Pisgah

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Is it harder than Arkansas for that matter? They’ve had one disaster after another so maybe that is the harder job. Or maybe they have the most stupid athletics administrators making hires.
Yeah, at this point we'd have to be 14 out of 16, and I have questions about us vs South Carolina for the 13th spot.
It still sucks though, since 5-6 years ago we would've been objectively above Kentucky and Missouri and were gaining fast on UM and Tennessee.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Certain media members are making it very clear that they hold the Briles association against him and aren’t going to see past that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login