The same people who crucify Will Rogers for every possible mistake make all the excuses in the world for Dak

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Is Will the best quarterback ever? Of course not. But he is top half in the SEC learning a brand new offense that he has never run for a brand new staff that appears to be terrible. He threw for nearly 500 yards against SC, but he got a C and B- grade from folks on here because he threw an INT that should’ve been overturned on replay and only led us to 30 points when he should’ve led us to 40 because the defense gave up 37. Meanwhile, Dak could throw eight INT’s in a game and the same people will talk about his receivers, his running game, Jerry Jones, Mike McCarthy, etc. Just like Will is a middle of the road SEC QB, Dak is a middle of the road NFL starter. It’s just interesting seeing the difference in how they are treated on this site.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am not a Dallas fan. I am a Dak fan. I am a Miss State fan. I want the best personal in the game to win. Personally, I don't care if Dallas wins or not but I do Miss State. However, you will never see me defending Dak. I will praise him when he does good.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Dak is our golden boy. And by far the most well known MSU alum to ever play in the NFL, even moreso than Cox and Chris Jones who are future HOF’ers. Our fans want him to succeed bad because we’ve never had one of our own in that kind of spotlight.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Dallas Cowboys Injuries​

Oct 8

Donovan WilsonS​

StatusQuestionable
Wilson went down with a right leg injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's contest with the 49ers, Michael Gehlken of The Dallas Morning News reports.

Leighton Vander EschLB​

StatusQuestionable
Vander Esch (neck) is questionable to return to Sunday's contest with the 49ers, Michael Gehlken of The Dallas Morning News reports.

C.J. GoodwinCB​

StatusQuestionable
Goodwin (shoulder) has been ruled out for the rest of Sunday's game in San Francisco, Michael Gehlken of The Dallas Morning News reports.

KaVontae TurpinWR​

StatusQuestionable
Turpin (ankle) has been ruled out for the remainder of Sunday's matchup with the 49ers, Michael Gehlken of The Dallas Morning News reports.

Asim RichardsOT​

StatusOut

Eric Scott Jr.CB​

StatusOut

Israel MukuamuS​

StatusOut

Peyton HendershotTE​

StatusOut

Viliami Fehoko Jr.DE​

StatusOut

Jalen BrooksWR​

StatusOut

Sep 23

Trevon DiggsCB​

StatusInjured reserve
The Cowboys placed Diggs (knee) on injured reserve Saturday.

Aug 30

Nahshon WrightCB​

StatusInjured reserve
Dallas placed Wright (undisclosed) on injured reserve Wednesday, Patrik Walker of the Cowboys' official site reports.

Matt WaletzkoOT​

StatusInjured reserve
Dallas placed Waletzko (undisclosed) on injured reserve Wednesday, Patrik Walker of the Cowboys' official site reports.

Josh BallOT​

StatusInjured reserve
The Cowboys placed Ball (hip) on injured reserve Tuesday, Nick Harris of the Cowboy's official site reports.

DeMarvion OvershownLB​

StatusInjured reserve
The Cowboys placed Overshown (knee) on injured reserve Tuesday, Nick Harris of the team's official site reports.

David DurdenWR​

StatusInjured reserve
The Cowboys placed Durden (knee) on injured reserve Tuesday, Nick Harris of the team's official site reports.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4362489/john-stephens-jr

Reactions: onewoof

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Is Will the best quarterback ever? Of course not. But he is top half in the SEC learning a brand new offense that he has never run for a brand new staff that appears to be terrible. He threw for nearly 500 yards against SC, but he got a C and B- grade from folks on here because he threw an INT that should’ve been overturned on replay and only led us to 30 points when he should’ve led us to 40 because the defense gave up 37. Meanwhile, Dak could throw eight INT’s in a game and the same people will talk about his receivers, his running game, Jerry Jones, Mike McCarthy, etc. Just like Will is a middle of the road SEC QB, Dak is a middle of the road NFL starter. It’s just interesting seeing the difference in how they are treated on this site.
Can we see a comparison of posts and the situations being defended for Dak vs those crucifying Will?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I give Dak plenty of criticism also when he plays bad. I say good when he does good same for will. When he plays well I say so. When he plays bad I say so. When I say both are limited yes they are. Dak isn't Tom Brady and can throw guys open. He's honestly lost a step running too. He's too careless with the ball at times and also holds on to it too much when it should be thrown in the stands. Will does the same thing along with getting balls batted down. Will doesn't have the strength Dak does nor the escapability that he does. Will is more accurate in intermediate if he is not being rushed. I think dak is better under pressure. Dak also got drafted where I don't see that for Will.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Maybe he shoulda ran for a few more last night then
Probably would have thrown less INTs true - but they are probably protecting his legs now that he is in the 8 figure contract franchise tier.

Also in an above post, there are significant injuries with players that are out, so this is not the same Dallas team we saw in the first weeks of the season. Still a very good team, just not 100% strength.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Dak is objectively a Top 10 NFL QB. He is far from “middle of the road”. Will is a middle of the road SEC QB, which is still a lot better than most think he is. Both get crapped on a lot more than necessary by our own fans.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Dakota makes millions and can and does take criticism. Even that which is unfair. Will’s band of apologists can not accept ANY criticism even when most of it is warranted.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You mean Like Rogers did vs Bama... twice?

BTW, Dak fumbled it 9 times in 2021.
if we are getting into statistics you would need to look at fumble per rush. Not good.

as for QBR:

Rogers is 93 out of 135 in QBR

Dak is 8 out of 32 in QBR

Purdy is #1 in QBR - last night I think he got touched one time, kinda like the Bama QBs at Bama

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Is Will the best quarterback ever? Of course not. But he is top half in the SEC

I don't see him "top half in the SEC"

His QB rating is 9th out of 14. He has 11 QBs ahead of him in completion %. He has 12 ahead of him in Yds/A. There are 9 QBs that have thrown fewer Interceptions. There are only 4 QBs that have been sacked more times than him. There are 8 QBs that have thrown for more yards. There are 9 teams w/ a better record than ours.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"Just like Will is a middle of the road SEC QB, Dak is a middle of the road NFL starter. It’s just interesting seeing the difference in how they are treated on this site."

I would wager there are numerous NFL teams that would like to have Dak for their starter. Not so sure how many SEC teams would want Will.

Reactions: eckie1

DawgBot

Jun 3, 2006
This is pretty apples and oranges.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

His QB rating is 9th out of 14. He has 11 QBs ahead of him in completion %. He has 12 ahead of him in Yds/A. There are 9 QBs that have thrown fewer Interceptions. There are only 4 QBs that have been sacked more times than him. There are 8 QBs that have thrown for more yards. There are 9 teams w/ a better record than ours.
Thank your staff for all of that.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Also, There's a chart of how many of those pressures and sack are on QBs. Rogers is at 5% responsible... that means 95% is blocking.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Thank your staff for all of that.

Call it what you want or spin it however you want, but, he's not top half of the SEC and its not the fault of "the staff for all of that".

He's never been close to mid or top in Yds/A because he can't seem to throw it downfield. He'll always get sacked because he holds the ball too long and can't run, that's on him and not always the line. Interceptions are the staffs fault? I'm not going to pretend to defend the staff but he's just not a well rounded QB. He can throw short quick passes well and hope his receivers make a lot of "yds after catch", but past that.........

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Call it what you want or spin it however you want, but, he's not top half of the SEC and its not the fault of "the staff for all of that".

He's never been close to mid or top in Yds/A because he can't seem to throw it downfield. He'll always get sacked because he holds the ball too long and can't run, that's on him and not always the line. Interceptions are the staffs fault? I'm not going to pretend to defend the staff but he's just not a well rounded QB. He can throw short quick passes well and hope his receivers make a lot of "yds after catch", but past that.........
They won't be happy until we go back to 70 percent pass with 60 attempts per game. 400 passing yards a game no matter that this is all the yards. Even though we had a receiver this year break the record for passing yards this season without air raid.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

That's BS. He's throwing down field now with accuracy. Just because we lacked a run game to keep people out of the rush 3 and drop 8 does not mean he can not throw it deep. It means he did his job to take what was given.

Last year we averaged 1 sack per 24 passing plays. This year 1 in 10. The truth is the PFF stated that Rogers is only responsible for 5% of the sacks this year. Those are the facts. In PA passing, the average protection time needed is 3 seconds. The deeper the shot, the longer.

All of that is on the staff. As a staff, if you know your OL is not blocking well, you reduce the amount of time to get the passes out. They have not show the ability to do that. Yet last week, the OL coach interviewed and stated we still don't know who to target on the OL. That's staff! That's coaching.

No matter how you cut this up, it's coaching not putting our best foot forward. Even D Mason on the last game was talking about the lack of protection. That alot of the times on PA that there is somebody on Rogers before he can turn to get set.

I am MORE than happy to liter up this thread with video footage proving all of this.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
They won't be happy until we go back to 70 percent pass with 60 attempts per game. 400 passing yards a game no matter that this is all the yards. Even though we had a receiver this year break the record for passing yards this season without air raid.
That's not true at all. That's pure hyperbole. How many times do you personally need to hear "we needed to run the ball more" under Leach?

That's just your go to when presented with facts.

Explain why we are running more 12 than 10? Make that make sense.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
hE mAkEs PlAyZ wItH mUh LaGsZZ !!111

Last time I checked QB was a throwing position

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
hE mAkEs PlAyZ wItH mUh LaGsZZ !!111

Last time I checked QB was a throwing position

Look at the mobile QBs in college and in the NFL that can scramble away from pressure and also run for a first down when needed.

A few non mobile QBs make it work: Brady, Peyton, Rogers. A few do.

As much as I like Rogers, he can't escape a single pass rush it seems. And defenses look forward to him running as they strip the ball out easily. Plus if he takes a good solid hit we probably lose all our remaining games.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Because guys like Mac Jones and Daniel Jones are tearing up the league.
Giants lead the league in sacks allowed. Danny is in fear of his life every snap lol

Mac is just not playing well and not throwing well this year.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
As a life long Cowboys fan/30 years+ State fan, I think I'm qualified to say they both suck in important games against good teams.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
As a life long Cowboys fan/30 years+ State fan, I think I'm qualified to say they both suck in important games against good teams.
Because they both don’t have very much of a supporting cast.

As far as Dak is concerned, there are 32 NFL teams. Here are Dak’s QBR rankings each year of his career:

2016 - 3rd
2017 - 4th
2018 - 17th
2019 - 4th
2020 - 12th (5 weeks only due to injury)
2021 - 11th
2022 - 12th
2023 - 8th (through 5 weeks)

Career Average Rank: 8.87

And ETA: Dak’s salary is currently tied for 10th with 2 other QB’s (Stafford, D. Jones). So, believe it or not, Jerry’s getting a bargain by getting a Top 8-9 QB for only Top 12 QB money.

He’s not a HOFer, but he’s more than good enough to win a Super Bowl with the right players around him. Just like Purdy, Hurts, Herbert, Tua, etc. Anyone who thinks he sucks when it matters should have watched MNF last night. You had 1st round pick Jordan Love, who had 4 years to learn under the most efficient passer ever and Top 3 all time QB, and you have him throwing 3 picks in critical situations against a bad defense, locking into one receiver all the time, etc. That’s what an actual average NFL QB looks like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seinfeld

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

As far as Dak is concerned, there are 32 NFL teams. Here are Dak’s QBR rankings each year of his career:

2016 - 3rd
2017 - 4th
2018 - 17th
2019 - 4th
2021 - 11th
2022 - 12th

He’s not a HOFer, but he’s more than good enough to win a Super Bowl with the right players around him. Just like Purdy, Hurts, Herbert, Tua, etc. Anyone who thinks he sucks when it matters should have watched MNF last night. You had 1st round pick Jordan Love, who had 4 years to learn under the most efficient passer ever and Top 3 all time QB, and you have him throwing 3 picks in critical situations against a bad defense, locking into one receiver all the time, etc. That’s what an actual average NFL QB looks like.
This has always been my argument when it comes to Dak and the cowboys. If fans don’t want him, fine, but you better be ready to cut a deal for Mahomes or Allen if you let Dak go because the list of NFL QBs that are clearly a level up from him isn’t long

Reactions: Perd Hapley

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

2016 - 3rd
2017 - 4th
2018 - 17th
2019 - 4th
2021 - 11th
2022 - 12th

Dak’s supporting cast seems to have dwindled with each passing year. He started with the best version of Zeke, Witten and some decent WRs. Mix in a coaching carousel of bad coaches and an owner who doesn’t care about winning, and that makes his stats even more impressive. I think even the biggest haters realize that the Cowboys have very, very, very few playmakers right now.

I never dreamed I would see Will Rogers apologists take it to a level where they are actually ripping on a top 10 NFL QB. Hell, I never dreamed there would be Rogers apologists. What a 17d up situation.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Uhh. Dak led us to one of the best seasons in MSU history along with having MSU ranked in the first ever college football playoff poll…. and Will led us to the Reliaquest bowl in the same level of experience.

Yea. There is going to be a lil favoritism there.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login