The women’s team

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I’m not sure who gave up first: them or me.

What is going on with them?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
They have completely fallen apart. There has got to be some locker room issues. A team doesn’t just collapse this quickly without someone going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: patdog

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
5 straight loses, from 7-3 in the SEC to 7-8, including 2 home losses to non-NCAA teams.

At this point, it's doubtful we make the tournament, and if we do, we'll be barely getting in like last year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Major League Baseball GIF by Laff

5 in a row, hell that’s a losing streak.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They have completely fallen apart. There has got to be some locker room issues. A team doesn’t just collapse this quickly without someone going on behind the scenes.
Yeah. Somethings going on and it’s not good.

Reactions: Dawgg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The softball team has created an anomaly with their win on top of the baseball W. Maybe it’s just basketball can’t win if another team wins.🤷‍♂️

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
5 straight loses, from 7-3 in the SEC to 7-8, including 2 home losses to non-NCAA teams.

At this point, it's doubtful we make the tournament, and if we do, we'll be barely getting in like last year.

There's honestly no point in making the tournament, even if they could, with the way they're playing.

It's just a complete collapse in the span of 5 very winnable games. The HC honestly needs to address it in some way with the fan base because it makes no sense otherwise.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
What an epic late season collapse. This should have been a relatively easy stretch to finish the season and they’ve blown it. Gone from being in the hosting discussion to missing the whole damn thing

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
We need an upgrade in athletes. We've got a bunch of heavy footed girls that can shoot a little, defend less, and get beat up and down the court. Jerk and Carter are good. After that, it's lots of bad shots and turnovers. PG is isn't good. Got one kid that shoots it every time she touches it. No bench scoring really. Quality depth is thin.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We need an upgrade in athletes. We've got a bunch of heavy footed girls that can shoot a little, defend less, and get beat up and down the court. Jerk and Carter are good. After that, it's lots of bad shots and turnovers. PG is isn't good. Got one kid that shoots it every time she touches it. No bench scoring really. Quality depth is thin.
Many of those issues are in exiting players, so we will see a whole new set next year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I still don't understand how we let Vic get away? I know there were rumors of improper relationships, but those rumors didn't publicly follow him. If Cohen was being as *** to him, Keenum should have put a stop to that. A great coach, in one of the big 4, is more valuable than a AD x 1,000,000

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Are they exiting players? the only ones that are out of eligibility are LPL and Erin Barnum and I am not sure about Darion Rogers. Jerk and Jessica have a COVID year left. Behind the COVID year players (nationwide) are a whole lot of player who have not had a chance to fully develop due to being behind COVID year players and that makes the transfer portal tricky. Unless you get bonified starter from a good program your gambling and even then its a crapshot due to the quality of players in the SEC. Eryn Barnum has played well since about the middle of January, the early season injury slowed her and it looks like if took some time to get her groove back. I think the 2023 team lacked shooter but were more athletic and so the coaching staff sought out more skilled players but the ones they found were not as athletic.

It looks like lack of quickness means MSU cannot play man to man much and sits back in zones and keeps getting beat by 3 point shooter having a field day (see UF, UK, BAMA, and AU games). MSU played Ole Miss because they don't have good shooters. The league has figured MSU out.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have very tough team, but I didn't think it would be this bad for the past few games. I don't have an answer, but I hope they find a way to get turned around here at the end of the season. They're all for second place anyway. Even outside of the SEC, they all come in second to South Carolina.

Last edited:

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
There's honestly no point in making the tournament, even if they could, with the way they're playing.

It's just a complete collapse in the span of 5 very winnable games. The HC honestly needs to address it in some way with the fan base because it makes no sense otherwise.
With the way a handful of elite coaches just completely dominate the sport, you could argue that there’s no point in most teams making the tournament. The final four is basically set in the pre-season most years. You can go ahead and put USC in the finals in ink for as long as Staley coaches there.

It was fun having an elite coach for the time we had him.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
When we were 7-3 with a tiebreaker over LSU, we had a legit shot at the 2 seed in the SEC Tournament.

At 7-8, we are currently the 8 seed and if we lose to 2-13 Missouri, we could be the 10 seed.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Rumor it's locker room drama, old veterans are not digging the way new players are hogging the ball.
Good news is one is a senior, so there's that.
I cannot imagine coaching women in college, as I coached my daughter's bball team when they were ages 8-10 and that was insanity.
Where does this rumor come from?

Doesn't make a lot of sense. The most veteran players are Carter and Jordan and they have taken by far the most shots of any of our players.

If anything I'm surprised LPL has ratcheted down her scoring mentality considering she came in with nearly 2,000 career points.

I've got no answers, but it's been damn disappointing to watch a 20-5 team who beat the defending champs and played reasonably well against the likely 2024 champs completely fall apart against mediocre competition.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Are they exiting players? the only ones that are out of eligibility are LPL and Erin Barnum and I am not sure about Darion Rogers. Jerk and Jessica have a COVID year left. Behind the COVID year players (nationwide) are a whole lot of player who have not had a chance to fully develop due to being behind COVID year players and that makes the transfer portal tricky. Unless you get bonified starter from a good program your gambling and even then its a crapshot due to the quality of players in the SEC. Eryn Barnum has played well since about the middle of January, the early season injury slowed her and it looks like if took some time to get her groove back. I think the 2023 team lacked shooter but were more athletic and so the coaching staff sought out more skilled players but the ones they found were not as athletic.

It looks like lack of quickness means MSU cannot play man to man much and sits back in zones and keeps getting beat by 3 point shooter having a field day (see UF, UK, BAMA, and AU games). MSU played Ole Miss because they don't have good shooters. The league has figured MSU out.
Carter, at 6 years, still has another year?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I still don't understand how we let Vic get away? I know there were rumors of improper relationships, but those rumors didn't publicly follow him. If Cohen was being as *** to him, Keenum should have put a stop to that. A great coach, in one of the big 4, is more valuable than a AD x 1,000,000
While I hated to see Vic go, literally no AD has ever gotten fired because of who they hired, fired, or failed to retain in any sport besides football or men's basketball. And if it's an SEC AD, maybe not even in men's basketball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login