There was a point in the 2nd half last night that this was the 5 players on the floor

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
DJ Jeffries
Will McNair
Eric Reed
Martavious Russell
Tyler Stevenson

I hope to never see those 5 on the floor at the same time again.
At least the defensive intensity did not drop off. I'll give that group that much.

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
I think Russell could eventually be really good. Super athletic and good defense. Just makes some dumb freshman decisions sometimes. I've been glad to see him come off the bench briefly the last couple of games.

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
DJ Jeffries
Will McNair
Eric Reed
Martavious Russell
Tyler Stevenson

I hope to never see those 5 on the floor at the same time again.
Wow, Reed's "hitch" in his jump shot is really noticeable and far from ideal. Too bad no coach corrected that early in his career. It definitely contributes to his inconsistency shooting the long ball.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I think the point forward experiment with Jeffries is over. It is ok in small 2-3 minute increments to give Davis and/or Moore a rest, but it needs to be VERY short.

SC shaved into the lead a bit in the 2nd half when the offense came to a screeching halt with Jeffries handling the ball.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I can't believe I'm asking this, but when is Horton going to be available? At least he can take care of the ball somewhat.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We went up 14 and Jans put those guys on the floor. In less than two minutes, SC cut the lead to eight. Starters came back in and we pulled away again. I think that experiment is over.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login