These are the things that are NOT true…

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
With apologies to Hadad, if you wheeeeeel.

1. This offense will not work in the SEC.

This one was always silly, as the SEC is where the offense really took off at UK. Leach has been doing this for 20+ years, and argument Barry Odom had somehow cracked the code and done something no one else had when he decided to drop 8 is just willful ignorance.

2. This offense is boring.

This is actually something that was said here. The offense has progressed exactly how it has everywhere else in Leach’s long career. It’s better now than year one (a covid year) just as one would expect.

3. This is just Leach’s retirement gig.

Nope. That guy cares.

4. Rogers is just a good kid who doesn’t have SEC talent.

I think this is probably the most popular one on here. The guy doesn’t have a powerful arm, but like Matt Wyatt has been saying since the preseason, he’s got enough arm to make the throws needed in this offense. Enjoy the next three years with him.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008

I remember someone saying that and I called them out then. I'm not a Leach fan, but you cannot call anything about him or his offense "boring."

Frustrating, maybe. Annoying, sometimes. But we have had the 2 biggest comebacks in school history in just 1 season. That's not boring.

I know I have already said this, but I stayed at the game because of Leach's offense. I really hate sitting in an opposing stadium watching our team get thrashed. If I'm with fun people I'll grind it out, but I've walked out of several away games. I left at halftime of the Auburn games in 2017 and 2019, and I thought I might be walking out for the third time in a row...but I waited just to see if the offense could get in rhythm.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Im not gonna lie. I had given up and was planning on pressure washing my cattle trailer but decided to go ahead and get it done. I was about to walk out of the living room when we started that drive. I stood there watching the whole drive. After we scored I sat back down to see what Auburn did. After we stopped them I decided I was gonna have to let that trailer wait. So glad I stuck around for that amazing second half

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Let me offer my take on this. I didn't hear brother black kettle say this stuff but I heard it from many others.

1. This offense will not work in the SEC.

We need to make sure that Mississippi State doesn't figure out how to score so we can continue to beat them on a regular basis.

You know those guys of always had a good defense if they ever figure out how to make a good offense we're in trouble. Especially since this system can keep the ball just as good as running the ball and we know Mississippi State has always been a running team forever and has not able to do anything but go up the middle, up the middle, up the middle... punt

If this works there they might actually get some more quarterbacks like as good as Dak but also actually get some wide receivers that can catch the ball and run. Dammit we would be in trouble then because they might be able to learn how to score!!!

3. This is just Leach’s retirement gig.

Crap! This guy is old enough and has been around and through the wars enough that he doesn't give a damn about what we say or actually what anyone thinks! So we talking heads don't bother him as much as whether you had him candy corn or not.

4. Rogers is just a good kid who doesn’t have SEC talent.

This kid did not have a big Pedegree in high school and his last name wasn't Manning so surely he can't be a good throwing quarterback yes because he ran the offense his entire career and high school doesn't mean a damn thing.

At least we hope not… Can you imagine what kind of team Mississippi state might have if they actually scored a lot of points to go with a defensive always had? Terrible! Terrible!

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login