They play well enough to get my hopes up

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Then it all comes crashing down yet again and again.

Expected to get beat by 15 in regulation, but nooooooo they got to play well enough to get me excited enough to turn tv on right before we tied it in regulation. Then we MSTATED the 17 out of the OT.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Poor, poor you.

You realize winning road games vs better teams is really tough, right?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
No one has beaten KY at home this year but we expect to without our 2nd best player guarding their best player.

Ok.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
I just hope the committee gives us break, since having to play so much without Tolu. Not likely. We need him back soon. I feel Saturday will get ugly.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
2 and 13 cannot finish at the rim. Brooks picked a bad time to brick all His free throws. Wish Moore could have shot the ball in OT. Same ole **** with the Refs against KY. Oscar what the17 has a license to just maul people with no call.

Sep 15, 2009
so that makes it ok? "It's ok guys winning on the road is tough, your loss is ok because that's the case"
EYE roll.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
2 and 13 cannot finish at the rim. Brooks picked a bad time to brick all His free throws. Wish Moore could have shot the ball in OT. Same ole **** with the Refs against KY. Oscar what the17 has a license to just maul people with no call.

Oscar and their little mini-Khalid El-Amin used their elbows all night to create space with no repercussions.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No one has beaten KY at home this year but we expect to without our 2nd best player guarding their best player.

Ok.

Considering we were in position to steal that game and absolutely derped it in OT, "nobody should have expected to win" is a cop-out. We had a tremendous chance to get a big win - their studs were in foul trouble/injured for part of the game. We were able to take advantage of that in part, but we really didn't take full advantage of it.

It was there for the taking, and in true fashion, we choked it away.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I'm convinced I'm a jinx. Saw the early disaster, missed the great comeback, and turned it back on for the collapse in OT.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Poor, poor you.

You realize winning road games vs better teams is really tough, right?

Not that you're not right, but at some point, we are going to have to get a good win on the road, preferably more than one. Just a couple to get us on the right side of the bubble. This was never likely to be one of those so it's not a big deal, but still need to close one out soone rrather than later.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

The more physical, more aggressive team ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt from the refs. That's basketball 101. You can't go in there and get pushed around and then cry about it to the refs. You have to step up and match it.

Oscar's dominance was due in large part to Davis's complete inadequacy down there.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Considering we were in position to steal that game and absolutely derped it in OT, "nobody should have expected to win" is a cop-out. We had a tremendous chance to get a big win - their studs were in foul trouble/injured for part of the game. We were able to take advantage of that in part, but we really didn't take full advantage of it.

It was there for the taking for both teams, and one has better players

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
The more physical, more aggressive team ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt from the refs. That's basketball 101. You can't go in there and get pushed around and then cry about it to the refs. You have to step up and match it.

Oscar's dominance was due in large part to Davis's complete inadequacy down there.

He's avg more rebounds per game than anyone in like the last 20 years. It was more than Davis

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

My take would be they had a player step up and hit two big 3's in OT. And a few solid boards by a player of the year candidate.

That's really the ballgame right there. Not as much of a choke as it may feel like to you.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
My take would be they had a player step up and hit two big 3's in OT. And a few solid boards by a player of the year candidate.

That's really the ballgame right there. Not as much of a choke as it may feel like to you.

One of those threes was a second chance three after we didn't secure an offensive rebound. We also missed a bunny at the rim and two ill-advised three point shots that made those "two big 3's" insurmountable to overcome.

We definitely choked it away.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I feel like I could’ve pulled out any VHS or DVD from one of our games against KY over the last 40 years, and I would’ve watched the same damn game. I’ve genuinely become numb from any pain over a loss against KY, especially in Rupp

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Brooks is over rated. Not aggressive, doesn’t rebound enough for a post player (better suited for a 3 or 4), shoots far to many 3’s and his defense, or lack thereof, is non existent. I believe he’s averaging approximately 11 per game and that’s a soft 11 and maybe 3-4 rebounds a game. Those are bench player numbers not starting centers.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
They DID play well enough to get my hopes up. The trajectory of this team is on the upswing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login