They really are slow rolling that Lebby hire announcement

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm sure nobody will be hired until after the final games are played. Or announced anyway. Unless it was Bob or Don.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
If it was Bob, he would have been announced already. The rules don’t apply to the WFL. Lebby would have to wait until after Saturday.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That's why I said unless it was Bob or Don. They don't have any games to coach the next 2 Saturdays

Tidwell87

Nov 14, 2023
Lebby is not who we need. You want to know what states identity is? It’s Jon sumrall. State has built its reputation on being gritty on defense and evaluating talent. Jon sumrall has a massive amount of connections in the SEC more importantly the state. He evaluates talent. State will never beat out the blue bloods for the 4and5* guys but we have some great at evaluating talent. It takes a good coach to get those high star ranked players but it takes a great coach to actually coach and develop that talent in the spring which translates to play during the season. That coach is Jon sumrall. If he turns it down then go after Fritz who’s an older Sumrall. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Lebby is not who we need. You want to know what states identity is? It’s Jon sumrall. State has built its reputation on being gritty on defense and evaluating talent. Jon sumrall has a massive amount of connections in the SEC more importantly the state. He evaluates talent. State will never beat out the blue bloods for the 4and5* guys but we have some great at evaluating talent. It takes a good coach to get those high star ranked players but it takes a great coach to actually coach and develop that talent in the spring which translates to play during the season. That coach is Jon sumrall. If he turns it down then go after Fritz who’s an older Sumrall. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
I think the diamond in the rough developmental programs days are diminishing. not many kids go undiscovered anymore and when they do they can just be bought off your roster as soon as they develop.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
You have to buy your team now. Developing makes you the minor league to other teams.

Need to find a way to always get the 4 non-con wins and have at least 2 of your 8 conference games against Vandy and Arkansas every year if your plan is to always be trying to develop.

Reactions: bulldoghair

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
You have to buy your team now. Developing makes you the minor league to other teams.

Need to find a way to always get the 4 non-con wins and have at least 2 of your 8 conference games against Vandy and Arkansas every year if your plan is to always be trying to develop.
2 -6 in conference is a pretty low bar, although it was too high for the Arnett staff this year.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Monkey Chores GIF

Still working on details

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login