Things to do over the next week in the heat.....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is gonna suck. I hate sitting inside the house. But there's no yardwork to do. Guess you can exercise a little bit, or get in the pool. Next week is all about survival I guess. Any chance this Pacific hurricane slings any rain our way?

If we can get this done without the AC going out, good things on the horizon over into September.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Instead of 18 holes of golf probably just nine. But if there is a breeze perhaps a complete round. I walk the mutt early too. The big challenge for me when having to stay inside is staying away from the refrig. Boredom brings on snacking.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I've played 36 holes this week and have not sweated one bit, Dandridge Tn east of Knoxville. It's nice this time of year up here.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
This is gonna suck. I hate sitting inside the house. But there's no yardwork to do. Guess you can exercise a little bit, or get in the pool. Next week is all about survival I guess. Any chance this Pacific hurricane slings any rain our way?

If we can get this done without the AC going out, good things on the horizon over into September.
Irrigating soybeans.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

ETA: I'm a dubmass. Missed an important word.

RocketDawg1

Jul 8, 2023
Instead of 18 holes of golf probably just nine. But if there is a breeze perhaps a complete round. I walk the mutt early too. The big challenge for me when having to stay inside is staying away from the refrig. Boredom brings on snacking.
We start at 8:30 and it's almost always pleasant at that hour, and by the time we finish at noon it's typically not terribly hot - maybe 90 by that time.

Reactions: patdog and Dawg1976

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think it’s time for the ice bucket challenge to make a comeback.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Here’s something you should try next week. Not being an over bearing douche on the internet.
#interlockingMSU

Treemydawg

Sep 29, 2013
I’ll be installing a tin roof Monday, and a tin roof Tuesday. I’ll be installing a shingle roof Wednesday and measuring another roof late that evening for an estimate on a tin roof. Thursday we will start tearing off shingles, decking, rafters and ceiling joist on a tornado damaged house in Amory. It’s looking like a promising week in the heat.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’ll be installing a tin roof Monday, and a tin roof Tuesday. I’ll be installing a shingle roof Wednesday and measuring another roof late that evening for an estimate on a tin roof. Thursday we will start tearing off shingles, decking, rafters and ceiling joist on a tornado damaged house in Amory. It’s looking like a promising week in the heat.
Grind!

Reactions: DerHntr

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
High Temperature - 105°

July 2023 saw a total of 25 days above 100°. As of July 31, 24 of those were in a row, the second-longest streak ever. Camp Mabry, Austin's official weather reporting site, was at or above 105° for 11 days in a row between July 10 and 20, making it the longest stretch of 105° temperatures ever recorded.

Image 8-18-23 at 9.31 PM.jpg

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
High Temperature - 105°

July 2023 saw a total of 25 days above 100°. As of July 31, 24 of those were in a row, the second-longest streak ever. Camp Mabry, Austin's official weather reporting site, was at or above 105° for 11 days in a row between July 10 and 20, making it the longest stretch of 105° temperatures ever recorded.

View attachment 387551

Looks like you got a cold front coming through on Wednesday - a nice screen door day.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Watch old high school football tapes and relive the glory days.

And tell your son how much of a bad *** you were.

Reactions: drexeldog23

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It's been a rough summer up here too... 17ing low 80's and no humidity sux the big one

View attachment 387584
samuel l jackson GIF

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Seeing a few disturbances in the gulf. I guess chances are they won't head this way due to the dome. But maybe they could send some rain? @Hugh's Burner Phone
Too early to say for sure, but that high pressure is securely anchored in place. It's not going to budge very easily and with it there it will try to steer and systems in the Gulf towards TX and Mexico. It's as close to a textbook ring of fire setup as you can get.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Check back with us in January.
Will do.

Calling it now... The board will be freaking out about a dusting of wet snow, a night where the temps dip below 20° and burst pipes, or an ice storm that knocks out the power for a week. I'll be drinking a lot of beer chasing pow 4-5 times a week, or after some night skiing 5 minutes from the house, or after riding snowmobiles in the back country to jump in the 100+° hot springs, or while taking the kids tubing.

1000011064.png

1000011070.png

1000011063.png

1000011065.png

WiNtEr iN tHe moUnTaInS sUX.
1000011072.png

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Too early to say for sure, but that high pressure is securely anchored in place. It's not going to budge very easily and with it there it will try to steer and systems in the Gulf towards TX and Mexico. It's as close to a textbook ring of fire setup as you can get.
It's going to take a major shift in the wind pattern and move the high pressure dome out of here. When we have fronts come out of Canada and down the Rockies. It may be September or even October before that happens. If we have the El Niño rains move in, we will be sick of rain by spring time. If we don't get a couple of tropical systems to take some of the energy off the Gulf, I think we might have some really intense severe weather systems upcoming this winter and spring. It's been a topic of discussion with some of the meteorologist I follow.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I'll be drinking a lot of beer… after some night skiing.

Yeah, I’ve never done that, but I’d imagine Game and Fish would really frown on that!

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Will do.

Calling it now... The board will be freaking out about a dusting of wet snow, a night where the temps dip below 20° and burst pipes, or an ice storm that knocks out the power for a week. I'll be drinking a lot of beer chasing pow 4-5 times a week, or after some night skiing 5 minutes from the house, or after riding snowmobiles in the back country to jump in the 100+° hot springs, or while taking the kids tubing.

I need to move

View attachment 387763

View attachment 387767

View attachment 387762

View attachment 387761

View attachment 387781

Reactions: HailStout

RocketDawg1

Jul 8, 2023
And I was concerned about getting too hot when playing golf ....

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Will do.

View attachment 387763

View attachment 387767

View attachment 387762

View attachment 387761

View attachment 387781
I did that for a couple years in SLC. Got so used to the cold I wore a wool sweater in 20 degree weather. I worked at National Semiconducter. Enjoyed the skiing and the mountains. Great hiking during the summers and skiing in the winter.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'll be drinking a lot of beer… after some night skiing.

Yeah, I’ve never done that, but I’d imagine Game and Fish would really frown on that!
Used to camp and ski on Smith Lake Al. It was a tradition to do a naked night ski. It'll sober you up knowing there is nothing between you and a lake water enema but a pair of pinched butt cheeks.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
As an Amory area resident who went about six weeks without a roof, thanks. Don't over do it and die of heatstroke.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login