Third part ticket warning: stubhub

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Apparently stubhub is transitioning to viagogo? I have had some issues with tickets I ordered from stubhub for usm game. Pain in the butt because supposedly the tickets were emailed via transfer from Ticketmaster which didn't sound right. Also being sold by a company called event elect which also sounded fishy since it wasn't a resale by a person. No emails and no transfer. First issue I have had with stub hub tickets like that. I had some issues with tickets for Saturday too for Arizona. Tickets weren't true mobile tickets I could scan in the app. They looked like a pdf upload. Then it wouldn't allow resale on stubhub when I found better seats on seat geek. I'm guessing that's the reason that msu is now partnering with seat geek because stubhub is having some issue snd transitioning to a new company. I think I'll be using seat geek moving forward. For the saints game tickets I bought on stub hub were transferred using seat geek also.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Apparently stubhub is transitioning to viagogo? I have had some issues with tickets I ordered from stubhub for usm game. Pain in the butt because supposedly the tickets were emailed via transfer from Ticketmaster which didn't sound right. Also being sold by a company called event elect which also sounded fishy since it wasn't a resale by a person. No emails and no transfer. First issue I have had with stub hub tickets like that. I had some issues with tickets for Saturday too for Arizona. Tickets weren't true mobile tickets I could scan in the app. They looked like a pdf upload. Then it wouldn't allow resale on stubhub when I found better seats on seat geek. I'm guessing that's the reason that msu is now partnering with seat geek because stubhub is having some issue snd transitioning to a new company. I think I'll be using seat geek moving forward. For the saints game tickets I bought on stub hub were transferred using seat geek also.
I haven’t used StubHub in years because they are not easy to work with and they jack up the price on fees. I use seat geek and Gametime.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I was worried about the move to seat geek - didn't think they were as popular. But I've had to sell some tickets to both games and they've sold in less than 24 hours. I had one extra ticket Saturday that I threw on there for $20 a few hours before kickoff and it sold in 15 minutes - which I thought was weird because there were plenty of singles available for less than that. No body actually used the seat. Maybe it's scalpers buying tickets under a certain price & marking them up?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Just checked my tickets on the StubHub app and everything is as should be. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on the app.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was worried about the move to seat geek - didn't think they were as popular. But I've had to sell some tickets to both games and they've sold in less than 24 hours. I had one extra ticket Saturday that I threw on there for $20 a few hours before kickoff and it sold in 15 minutes - which I thought was weird because there were plenty of singles available for less than that. No body actually used the seat. Maybe it's scalpers buying tickets under a certain price & marking them up?
I'm thinking their is something to this. Scalping companies. I think this is what happened here with my tickets to usm exceot they don't plan to transfer and say they did. It's a pain to get viagogo stubhub whatever to issue a refund a week into a claim after they said tickets were transferred

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I buy and sell on the MSU fan ticket sales FB page or this board. The FB page has over 20k members. It is easy to transfer then via dog tag.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login