Third round of D3 women’s golf championship canceled due to unplayable pin

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That's an awful pin placement/green design. Many of those putts were dying at the hole- that's way different from someone having no touch and banging a ball past or not making it into a tier so the ball rolls back.

I wonder if any of the players, after seeing a previous player struggle, just tapped their moving ball into the hole and took the strokes.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I don’t see the problem. You get two chances to make it on every putt. Once going up and once on the way back down.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There is a hole at Bel Air in Tupelo that is a dome. There isn’t a flat spot on the green. Putts don’t just roll back, they roll completely off the green.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Seems justified to rule that unplayable. Shouldn’t have let 60% of the field finish before figuring that out though.

So did they cancel it for the entire field (including those who finished), or just the ones who had not finished?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They wiped out the third round even for the ones that finished.

Well that’s the only fair way to do it, I suppose. But it would suck for those that got par or better on that hole, and / or put up a low number that day. I wonder what % at least bogeyed that hole.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I think I would have pulled a John Daly and just swatted the ball off the green while it was still moving, and gone to the clubhouse for a beer.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login