This ain’t MSU baseball

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have largely been in the “Lemonis will be back” camp and still think I am for now, but he had a low bar to clear to justify being back for 2024 and he is somehow flirting with not clearing it.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I have largely been in the “Lemonis will be back” camp and still think I am for now, but he had a low bar to clear to justify being back for 2024 and he is somehow flirting with not clearing it.
This. Had to go back to Mississippi for business. Was surprised at the number of people willing to give him another year.

I think this weekend sealed his fate.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
It is msu baseball though. Other places have decided to pay for the best players, meanwhile, our sales pitch is "come play at the dude".

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It is msu baseball though. Other places have decided to pay for the best players, meanwhile, our sales pitch is "come play at the dude".
I'm guessing "the analytics" don't support the cost of that pitcher. We can "get by" with coaching up a few yahoos and win with superior analytics.

Meanwhile we get our asses roasted by two programs with fans that are just now learning what a balk is.

Yes it's a loss on return in the next 5-6 years. We dropped $65M for a stadium with a 10 year plan and we can't understand we have to compete in deals that look ahead 10 years as well to sign the best players.

But I'm sure the old way is tried and true and we can just keep on hoping we discover 5 diamonds in the rough to miraculously get on the mound and strike out every batter in the SEC. And our superior analytics will tell what pitches to pitch. Great plan. 17

Meanwhile programs will pop up and in 2 years be able to sweep us. Because of our arrogant stubborn belief that the old way is still relevant.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You’re correct, this isn’t MSU Baseball, this is MSU Football. We can’t even keep our sport’s straight.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Incorrect. We can pay as much as we need in most cases. Our baseball NIL is one of the best in the country. People want to talk Skenes but money isn't why he went to LSU. He donated a good portion of his money. He went because of the pitching coach. I'd say he was daaaammmnnnn smart.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Maybe 2008-2010 compares. But at least 09-10 were Cohens first 2 years rebuilding the program. Lemonis has been here for 5 years. This is all on him. No excuses or laying the blame on his pitching coach.
Cohen had to do a full rebuild after polk 2 finally collapsed. Lemonis won an NC just 2 seasons ago and did NOTHING with it

He did great with the team he inherited but has shown he could not maintain it with his recruits so I am even less confident he can rebuild one on the rubble he created. I hate it but you gotta move on.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login