this board is slowing morphing into . . .

hooptydawg

Nov 1, 2007
genespage 2.0. Why all the hate for Garrett? And yes, from a football perspective, I would rather be a Matt Flynn than a Mike Hening.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
Because he is not going to play for MSU...plain and simple. At the end of the day you are either with us or against us. I dont hate the guy...how can I? I dont even know him, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to love MSU and love LSU at the same time.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font face="Calibri">I don't think anyone really hates Garrett's decision or hates him. In fact, I don't blame him at all.

What it boils down to is it was predicted over a year ago by many of us that if anyone could f this up, SC could. We had a true D1 qb practically gift wrapped right here and f'ed it up. His recruiting incompetence is as predictable as his WCO.</font></p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
This place is becoming the anti-GP. Rather than having sheep that take up for the coaches and players all the time we have black sheep that look for opportunities to blast on coaches and players all the time. Just log on here during a game which we are losing and you can see it. We may end up winning the game, but while we are losing you'd think the world was coming to an end. People flip out over every loss.

This Garrett situation is a prime example. We have no evidence at all that Croom failed in his recruiting, meaning there was something he could have done but didn't do to get this guy to sign. It might be that Croom screwed up, but my point is we have people blaming the man without even knowing anything about the situation. Wow, a national champion managed to slide a QB prospect out from under us? Inconceivable! The worst part is this is March, there's a little over 10 months to signing day. Yet people are losing their minds over this.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
and anyone who ever has or ever will play there. Garrett is no better or no worse than the others.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
your analysis. I disagree, however, that criticism of Croom should or must be withheld "until we know what really happened with [insert name of most recent decommit]'s situation." Some of us are pretty much bottom line kind of posters. He either gets the job done, or he doesn't. Period. Croom gets paid triple what everybody else in the program makes, so the buck stops at his oversized desk. Croom didn't get the job done on Garrett.

To add insult to injury, go back and peruse the 08 class. No QBs. aGAIN. Who's that on?

Bottom line: Croom is in year 5 but he's still making terrible blunders, especially on the offensive side of the equation.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Croom has failed from the QB and WR perspectives for the most part in recruiting. Thank goodness he found Wes Carroll who just happened to be the kind of leader we needed to help us reach 8 wins. Overall though he has certainly not gotten the job done there. And yes, he does still make blunders. I'm not protecting Croom here, and you are correct when you say he either gets the job done or not. He did this past season, but that won't be enough if he dips back beneath bowl eligibility the next two seasons.

My only point is people are losing their minds over this Garrett deal and throwing massive blame on Croom's offensive production without even knowing if that was a key factor in the decision. I don't know what his main factors were. He mentioned campus, facilities, and the coaches. He also mentioned their offense. Offense could have been what made him back out of his committment. I don't believe that, but I could be wrong. Then again I could be right.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login