This ESPN broadcast of the game is setting the industry back about 100 years.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I'm listening to Jim and Polk on WFCA online and watching that abysmal broadcast on espn+ with the sound muted. Looks like a feed from the stadium cams. Jim and Polk are about 5 pitches ahead of the video broadcast

Reactions: Fang1 and eckie1

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Like a dubmass I went back to it and it’s literally like listening to a Super Mario video game from 1982.
How can you not have decent audio of either radio networks or some D list ESPN announcers sitting in their basements?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Final box score showed an unnamed team 2, “Old” Miss 1. You can’t make this crap up. What an abomination of a broadcast.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Spectrum had the Trustmark Video team handle the camera work and no TV commentators.
The announced Attendance was 6601. There is no way that many were in attendance. Maybe ticket sales and corporate freebies that didn’t show up counted. That would put it in the Top 10 of the 19 Guv Cup attendance. Having worked at that stadium I can tell you, there weren’t 5000 there tonight.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The animated transition between batters was something out of a 2007 PowerPoint of a failed business major. Just awful.

Reactions: aTotal360

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
He is the Pearl High School Baseball PA announcer .
One time my 14 year old baseball team was supposed to play the 14 year old Pearl team at the NE Jackson field in front of Smith-Wills. Pearl’s coach showed up drunk and with their high school team, and we played our best game of the season but lost 12-1 due to the talent gap. Then he tried to pick a fight with our coach in the parking lot. Wish we’d had the Pearl PA announcer for that one

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How bad is Ole Miss to lose 3 out of 4 to us? We might still make the SEC tournament due to just plain suckness of the bottom of the pack. Lets not forget we beat USM and are 4-1 against the state of Mississippi. Probably would sweep the other three. Then they talk about how good baseball is in the State of MIss. As bad as we are, we are still the best team in the State.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
How bad is Ole Miss to lose 3 out of 4 to us? We might still make the SEC tournament due to just plain suckness of the bottom of the pack. Lets not forget we beat USM and are 4-1 against the state of Mississippi. Probably would sweep the other three. Then they talk about how good baseball is in the State of MIss. As bad as we are, we are still the best team in the State.
That ain’t saying much is it? Tallest Smurf award!

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I turned it on just in time to see the final 2 outs of the game and thought WTF, surely this hasn't been going on the whole game? I don't know anything about this Spectrum Capital outfit that is managing the place now but from what I've seen of their refusal to refund tickets for the USM-Black Bear torn up turf game and that production or lack thereof last night they have to be a total total bush league crew. Sounds like the type that Bo Bounds would line up behind just so he could sniff their fragrance as they walked ahead of him.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Just be glad it’s televised
I swear. We have a spoiled fanbase. Ive seen our folks on twitter complaining about Trustmark Park and calling it "dilapidated, outdated" etc. Sure, MGM may be the newer park but it is what it is. I don't think the facility has anything to do with the type of broadcast.

It's not their responsibility to have a high end broadcast on SECN+. It's not like ESPN sends crews out to produce college baseball for anything other than the 2-3 games per weekend on SECN or ESPNU. There's a big difference between SEC universities with multimillion dollar budgets with in-house broadcast studios compared to AA ballparks whose teams draw 1500 a night and don't ever televise their OWN games.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I swear. We have a spoiled fanbase. Ive seen our folks on twitter complaining about Trustmark Park and calling it "dilapidated, outdated" etc. Sure, MGM may be the newer park but it is what it is. I don't think the facility has anything to do with the type of broadcast.

It's not their responsibility to have a high end broadcast on SECN+. It's not like ESPN sends crews out to produce college baseball for anything other than the 2-3 games per weekend on SECN or ESPNU. There's a big difference between SEC universities with multimillion dollar budgets with in-house broadcast studios compared to AA ballparks whose teams draw 1500 a night and don't ever televise their OWN games.
If they attempt to broadcast, it is their responsibility to represent themselves and the universities involved in a positive manner. That crap last night was by far the most embarrassing bush league attempt I've ever seen to broadcast a game. They would have come off MUCH more positive by not even having it on

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

Don't disagree with any of this. It was still an exceptionally awful broadcast which is better than no broadcast I suppose. Perhaps this is getting a bit more attention than usual to distract us from our team's woes.

Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Don't disagree with any of this. It was still an exceptionally awful, and just plain weird broadcast which is better than no broadcast I suppose. Perhaps this is getting a bit more attention than usual to distract us from our team's woes.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021

I wouldn't go full bus driver but I appreciate at least being able to visualize the action instead of being forced to listen to the retirement radio booth to keep up with the PxP

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login