This has been no change in MSU coaching in 40 years...

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
Arnett was handed a coaching staff that spent three years running a successful Air Raid offense... three years for all the players who are seniors to sophomores. In one season, rather than what these players spent three years running and were experienced in, decided to change EVERYTHING and now the team is suffering because of it...

I have spent most of my life interested in football (including several years as a sportswriter) and I have NEVER seen a team follow up a winning season with another winning season if the new coach decides to change up the offense in one spring session. I guess I will never understand why new head coaches believe in throwing out successful schemes in one year. Why can't you play what was winning for your team while you slowly change the scheme with new players?

I said it before and I'll say it again... I have seriously have doubts about MSU being able to compete in the SEC in the future. Top recruits will not come to Starkville when every other team can give them a nice NIL payout. Adding Texas and Oklahoma will send this team further into futility. Any talent that does somehow make it here will be in the portal faster than Coach Prime jumped to Colorado...

It would nice to be wrong about this, but in the 40 years since I graduated only Sherill, Mullen and Leach gave me a hope for success..

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’ve watched a LOT of football today.
I’ve watched a LOT of football this 2023 season.
Mississippi State football is very bad!
We may beat Vanderbilt at home but we are an embarrassing team to root for.
Not sure exactly what we need at this point.
Ole Miss with LK just got destroyed at UGA.
Would I take 8-2 right now?
Hell yea!
I’m about to ready to concede that 9-3 is our absolute ceiling with some luck but 6-6 should be our floor every year with a competent coach and staff including AD and President.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Arnett was handed a coaching staff that spent three years running a successful Air Raid offense... three years for all the players who are seniors to sophomores. In one season, rather than what these players spent three years running and were experienced in, decided to change EVERYTHING and now the team is suffering because of it...

I have spent most of my life interested in football (including several years as a sportswriter) and I have NEVER seen a team follow up a winning season with another winning season if the new coach decides to change up the offense in one spring session. I guess I will never understand why new head coaches believe in throwing out successful schemes in one year. Why can't you play what was winning for your team while you slowly change the scheme with new players?

I said it before and I'll say it again... I have seriously have doubts about MSU being able to compete in the SEC in the future. Top recruits will not come to Starkville when every other team can give them a nice NIL payout. Adding Texas and Oklahoma will send this team further into futility. Any talent that does somehow make it here will be in the portal faster than Coach Prime jumped to Colorado...

It would nice to be wrong about this, but in the 40 years since I graduated only Sherill, Mullen and Leach gave me a hope for success..
Good lord you are a total idiot.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

As a “new member” how have you “said it before”? Move along.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login