This has been one long stretch of unwatchable sports teams....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Watching baseball & football in 23 was pure torture. I really looked forward to hoops this season thinking we would at least be able to enjoy watching a team that consistently played hard.

Now that team seems to be reverting back to Howland mode and painful to watch. Baseball starts in less than a month (gulp).

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
It has been rough since ‘22 football and last year’s men’s basketball. Even those teams weren’t that exciting to watch.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Dude, our Jan conference schedule is a murders row and everyone should have realized that going in. It will be easier as we move into Feb.

Relax, It will get much better. We are a tourney team. Book it.

We have enough negative fans, don't fall into that trap.

What makes anyone think the Jan schedule is a murderers row more than any other team in the conference. I mean South Carolina, Vandy, and Florida arent difficult games.

We got Tennessee, Alabama, and Auburn all at HOME not on the road.

Good SEC teams win the home games, split the road games.

If the season ended today, we are on the outside looking in. Need to get some quad 1 wins. But im so tired of the schedule excuse.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I'll take a decent season in any of the big 3 sports at this point. Just decent, preferably exciting, but I'm just asking for 17ing decent. Basketball could still give us that, but they definitely have some work to do.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Look, we had to play a lot of good teams. It's very hard to win when you have to play teams that are much better than you are. Eventually we will get some more opportunities to beat up on the little sisters of the poor again. So just hang in there and have faith. We will play Arkansas soon snd get back on a one game winning streak

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yall are nuts if you think this has been anywhere close to as bad as football or baseball. We beat a Top 5 team two weeks ago. Still projected to be in the tourney. We gotta start winning some more games but we are a better team than we give ourselves credit for at times.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
What makes anyone think the Jan schedule is a murderers row more than any other team in the conference. I mean South Carolina, Vandy, and Florida arent difficult games.

We got Tennessee, Alabama, and Auburn all at HOME not on the road.

Good SEC teams win the home games, split the road games.

If the season ended today, we are on the outside looking in. Need to get some quad 1 wins. But im so tired of the schedule excuse.

We would absolutely be in the tourney if the season ended today.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We would absolutely be in the tourney if the season ended today.

no we wouldnt. Bubble. Wrong side of it.

Below 500 conference record
RPI in the 40s
2 Quad 1 wins
0 road wins

After you let in all the auto qualifiers. the 11th place team from the league isnt getting in. We were a 9 seed in the latest projections... and that was before the loss to florida.

It'll all play out. There are some chances to improve the resume.

But if we are 8-10 in the league, and 19-12 overall. We are out. Barring some wins in the tourney

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Try watching with the sound off. It has helped my blood pressure.

It also does not hurt to have another good game you don't care who wins to switch to. I spent most of my time watching Auburn/Alabama play.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Look, we had to play a lot of good teams. It's very hard to win when you have to play teams that are much better than you are. Eventually we will get some more opportunities to beat up on the little sisters of the poor again. So just hang in there and have faith. We will play Arkansas soon snd get back on a one game winning streak
State fans say Lemons must host or be fired while playing the toughest schedule in the SEC. Same fans say this poor widdle Bball team has a tough schedule and deserves some compassion.
This team is soft as baby crap and as mental as Brittney Spears. Jans keeps rolling out Rams and Jones to keep from scoring. It's comedy at this point.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Yall are nuts if you think this has been anywhere close to as bad as football or baseball. We beat a Top 5 team two weeks ago. Still projected to be in the tourney. We gotta start winning some more games but we are a better team than we give ourselves credit for at times.
I absolutely agree hoops is better than football or baseball but that is a pretty low bar. The issue with BB is we are back to no offense and now the defensive intensity just doesn't seem to be there either. We play sloppy, can't make layups, can't make FT except for Hubbard anyway.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
State fans say Lemons must host or be fired while playing the toughest schedule in the SEC. Same fans say this poor widdle Bball team has a tough schedule and deserves some compassion.
This team is soft as baby crap and as mental as Brittney Spears. Jans keeps rolling out Rams and Jones to keep from scoring. It's comedy at this point.
I should have added my sarcasterisks. Everybody has an excuse why we are not winning. Personally I feel it's because we are not very good obviously. Good teams win

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I'll take a decent season in any of the big 3 sports at this point. Just decent, preferably exciting, but I'm just asking for 17ing decent. Basketball could still give us that, but they definitely have some work to do.

You’d better find another team. The only thing exciting about MSU sports is the posts on this board. **********

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
He got a free pass the last 2 seasons. If he sits in the dugout on that bucket for a 3rd season in a row and fills it w/ more L shaped turds than W shaped ones, he gone, no matter the schedule.........
And he absolutely should be. Heck, he should have been gone last year. Why our AD postponed the inevitable for another year of excruciating pain is beyond me . . . . . . .

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Dude, our Jan conference schedule is a murders row and everyone should have realized that going in. It will be easier as we move into Feb.

Relax, It will get much better. We are a tourney team. Book it.

We have enough negative fans, don't fall into that trap.
Even said, unless we get an upset or two it's going to be difficult for this team to finish .500 in the league.........

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Does the top 5 W over UT equate baseball taking the series from OM and LSU? Those were the only highlights (if you will) for baseball.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
With the current state of College athletics ( portal and NIL ) we might as well get used to it. The only opportunities for high level success are with a select few and we aren’t one of them.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
And he absolutely should be. Heck, he should have been gone last year. Why our AD postponed the inevitable for another year of excruciating pain is beyond me . . . . . . .
Yes he should have been shown the door last year. My fear is we will slide into a regional by the skin of our teeth and it will just prolong it even further. That is why I say the bar should be higher this season. Lem's chance for a meh level improvement was last season. I don't get a vote but I think we should be 2 seed somewhere or he is gone.

Reactions: patdog

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Watching baseball & football in 23 was pure torture. I really looked forward to hoops this season thinking we would at least be able to enjoy watching a team that consistently played hard.

Now that team seems to be reverting back to Howland mode and painful to watch. Baseball starts in less than a month (gulp).
We have seen our zenith. This is going to only get worse- in all three sports- as long as NIL and portal stay the same or similar. Hate to be a fatalist, but we will always be lagging in money.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We have seen our zenith. This is going to only get worse- in all three sports- as long as NIL and portal stay the same or similar. Hate to be a fatalist, but we will always be lagging in money.
I’m in the minority, but I’d actually love to see the richest 32 schools break away & form their own super league. We’d do just fine in the 2nd tier with the bottom half of the SEC, most of the ACC & Big 12.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login