This is a funny damn tweet…

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
In their game Saturday morning those helmets will be the only thing uglier than Auburn’s offense.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't get it. I mean, I think the helmet is stupid patriotic pandering, but lots of teams do that. What's the joke?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't get it. I mean, I think the helmet is stupid patriotic pandering, but lots of teams do that. What's the joke?
It's the colors of the United States. Look up the 11th Mississippi (Confederate) Infantry sometime. There was a company in it, Company A I think, that was also known as the University Grays. It basically consisted of the entire student body of Ole Miss in 1861.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's the colors and Stars and Stripes of the United States. Look up the 11th Mississippi (Confederate) Infantry sometime. There was a company in it, Company A I think, that was also known as the University Grays. It basically consisted of the entire student body of Ole Miss in 1861.

Reactions: SirBarksalot

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I get it now. I guess I just think it’s way past time to let that old joke die. Makes the teller look a lot worse than it makes UM look.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
It's the colors of the United States. Look up the 11th Mississippi (Confederate) Infantry sometime. There was a company in it, Company A I think, that was also known as the University Grays. It basically consisted of the entire student body of Ole Miss in 1861.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t the entire 11th Mississippi wiped out during Picketts charge? I do remember being there that day, and as pointed out by another users name on here Lee should have flanked the fish hook. Not taking sides just pointing out Picketts charge was a measure of futility.
As to another posters point I would hope we all can agree that anything that gets under the skin of Ole Miss people is pretty funny.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t the entire 11th Mississippi wiped out during Picketts charge? I do remember being there that day, and as pointed out by another users name on here Lee should have flanked the fish hook. Not taking sides just pointing out Picketts charge was a measure of futility.
As to another posters point I would hope we all can agree that anything that gets under the skin of Ole Miss people is pretty funny.
The ones that were left pretty much were, yes. And yes, Longstreet was right.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Someone more knowledgeable correct me if I'm wrong but I've read or was told once that tsun lost 1/2 their students or alumni on that day.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
The ones that were left pretty much were, yes. And yes, Longstreet was right.
I also could be completely wrong, but didn’t Longstreet famously refuse to give the order to charge at first and even cried over the decision knowing it would be a massacre?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I
I doubt it gets under their skin nearly as much as some would like to think it does.
Even if it just a little bit it is totally worth it to bring up history from 150 years ago. Also it is a history that OM held onto pretty hard until public opinion for the Lost Cause changed in the south.

Reactions: msstatelp1

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m thinking it must get under your skin a little bit… the initial tweet was pretty funny
Yeah. I think digging up the racial history of our state is not really a good thing to do. Cause it doesn't make any white Mississippians look good. At all. I would hope we've all moved past that era, but it's pretty obvious some are holding on to it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah. I think digging up the racial history of our state is not really a good thing to do. Cause it doesn't make any white Mississippians look good. At all. I would hope we've all moved past that era, but it's pretty obvious some are holding on to it.
The No Fun Police have arrived. You didn’t get the joke so now you’ll just demean everyone who thought it was funny.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
This is one of those threads where I wish there was a “your a dumbass” emoticon. The mad face doesn’t convey a certain disbelief of an absurd comment properly.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I

Even if it just a little bit it is totally worth it to bring up history from 150 years ago. Also it is a history that OM held onto pretty hard until public opinion for the Lost Cause changed in the south.
They didn't give it up until they had to choose between "disowning" it or going Division III. Tubberville led the charge.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
next thing you know someone will out the origin of the term landsharks....

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah. I think digging up the racial history of our state is not really a good thing to do. Cause it doesn't make any white Mississippians look good. At all. I would hope we've all moved past that era, but it's pretty obvious some are holding
Making fun of flagship and being aware of our State's history is about as easy as walking and farting at the same time

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Their mascot is the rebels, as in the Confederate rebellion I'm pretty sure. Rebs were direct enemy of the US for a couple years. The US flag is on the helmet of the team who commemorates the enemy/losers of that battle. Their "original rival" being the US lol

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login