This is a problem

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You can solve it by going to Bulldog Initiative and contributing.
Pay Me Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
It's crazy how Hibbler is ranked...he very well could be the best DL prospect in Mississippi...he's at worst second.I like Carter a lot...but he's very raw and it's going to take some time with him.We need to hit on some older DL's in this class for sure!

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
It's crazy how Hibbler is ranked...he very well could be the best DL prospect in Mississippi...he's at worst second.I like Carter a lot...but he's very raw and it's going to take some time with him.We need to hit on some older DL's in this class for sure!
By older do you mean transfers?

I mean, yes, we have to hit the portal hard obviously for immediate help, but I hope we haven't given up our position as the place to go for high school DL prospects too easily. Need those too for sustainability.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
By older do you mean transfers?

I mean, yes, we have to hit the portal hard obviously for immediate help, but I hope we haven't given up our position as the place to go for high school DL prospects too easily. Need those too for sustainability.
JUCO and portal...we really need to move to a 4-2-5 after the season.The staff talked about that a lot during spring and fall camp but that's hard to do right now with the lack of DL depth.

I think we might be done with HS DL's for this class.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You can solve it by going to Bulldog Initiative and contributing.
Why, to watch them transfer in two years? You have to continue to pay these fools, which means continuously giving to the BI.

Did you see my post about inflation? I can't even afford groceries bruh

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
This is a shocking turn of events if we go from DLU and the NFL littered with our former HS signees to just barely recruiting them... I guess the world moves fast but sheesh.
Hibbler is really.....good....I like Carter a lot but it's going to take some time with him.I would like see another HS DL added but I hard to see a fit right now.Last years DL class is said to be looking pretty good for the future...with all we're losing and not having much of anything in the upper class probably need to go heavy on some older DL's.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Hibbler is really.....good....I like Carter a lot but it's going to take some time with him.I would like see another HS DL added but I hard to see a fit right now.Last years DL class is said to be looking pretty good for the future...with all we're losing and not having much of anything in the upper class probably need to go heavy on some older DL's.
I re-read your posts and now I see you were saying we may be done with HS DL's this year... I guess I've been in a doom loop lately, but I read that to mean our new strategy going forward every year was to barely recruit HS DL. Yes, I am an dubmass sometimes.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Save NIL money for portal and keeping guys on roster. Those fools spend all their money on high school kids and the kid ends up not being happy and leaves.

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
Yea...I probably need to add for this class on the HS DL part.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I re-read your posts and now I see you were saying we may be done with HS DL's this year... I guess I've been in a doom loop lately, but I read that to mean our new strategy going forward every year was to barely recruit HS DL. Yes, I am an dubmass sometimes.
I still think we'll sign the same classes we always have, honestly. We will work MS and the surrounding states, but will still likely miss out on the super 5 stars unless they are from pro-MSU areas. Probably more of a focus on MS because those out of state guys tend to transfer quicker, and the instate guys who do leave, seem to be quick to transfer back.

We should still be after JUCOs too.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Save NIL money for portal and keeping guys on roster. Those fools spend all their money on high school kids and the kid ends up not being happy and leaves.
This is what Matt Wyatt said the other day and I agree especially for schools like us with limited resources compared to the rest of the league. HS recruiting is about to become secondary to existing player evaluation. One of our strongest selling tools will necessarily be playing time especially for third and fourth year players who feel an urgent need for more exposure . There are ways to survive this schit storm but it's gonna take a sharp coaching staff to pull it off......oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: blitz2Win
Feb 4, 2015
Oh but I thought everyone just loved the NIL. I knew from the very first time I heard about it that there’s nothing good that can come from it except hurt us. Apparently ol fraud to the north of us has plenty of cash.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login