This is all on Garrett's parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
Sure, Croom's offense and/or recruiting probably had something to do with his decommitting. It is disappointing to lose such a talent, especially since he was a life long state fan, but that's not what I'm pissed about.

I am, however, pissed about how this went down. Either commit or don't. If Garrett thinks LSU is a better fit for him and therefore wants to playfor them, that's fine... but this wouldn't be such a big deal if he hadn't committed. I know it's the nature of recruiting these days, but that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong to go back on your word. And it's the name of the game mainly because you're dealing with 16 to 18 year olds who often have no guidance. Here Garrett's parents were heavily involved. They should have never allowed this to happen. They knew big time offers were a likelihood. If they asked him and themselves if such an offer would cause any waivering whatsoever, and the answer was anything but absolutely not, they shouldn't have allowed him to commit. Hell I remember interviews where he said they were encouraging him to go ahead and commit, but he wasn't ready.

Every time a recruit renigs on a commitment the school is wronged, but this is on a different level. It was just a complete slap in the face for the Garretts to do this to us. All these public comments about LSU offering the best opportunity to get to the NFL, while probably true, are anything but favorable for MSU and wouldn't be necessary if he had never committed. There wouldn't be near as much uproar about it and he could've just said he really likes them etc., etc. But since he had committed so early and talked all that **** about how much he's always loved MSU, everybody wants to know why and how he could do this.

Thanks Mr. Garrett! I'm sure as a former State fan you well know what it feels like to lose MS prospects to a greener, out of state pasture. You're probably not feeling it now because this is your son and you're excited, but imagine how disappointing and humiliating it is for us to have been played by one thought to be one our own. Hey, LSU doesn't typically have this problem so you should be good from here on out. </p>

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
Nothing about Croom, his offense or his competence has changed since Garrett committed.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
but imagine how disappointing and humiliating it is for us to have been played by one thought to be one our own.
Can I recuse myself from the humiliation because I'm really not feeling it. In fact, the day that my emotional well being is tied to the whims of a junior in high school, I would love for someone to commit me or just go ahead and kill me.

G

Goat Holder

than an emotional breakdown, genius. I don't think anybody will actually lose sleep over Chris Garrett, including KB21 and Backer. Garrett basically said LSU is better than MSU, and it's a little disappointing to hear a State fan say that, even if we all know it's true.

Even you are at least a tad bit let down that we did not hold onto a recruit like this.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
So I think I know exactly how he feels, and I think it's a tad bit extreme.

I've never seen the guy play. I couldn't quote you one stat. I didn't even know his Dad or somebody went to MSU. So, no I'm not really disappointed at all. Seeing as how he still has a year left of high school makes me care even less about this.

Get a class, develop it, win some games and I'll be pretty pleased. Get a class, don't develop it, lose a lot of games, and I'll be frustrated. As for being overjoyed or humiliated, or even just bummed or happy, about a guy who will never step foot inside a classroom at MSU, well.... eh... so what.

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
I meant as a fan base (since this is a MSU sports forum) it's humiliating to be so disrespected by a recruit that was supposed to be a life-long, die-hard fan. Not talking about any personal detriment here.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
dawgball said:
I meant as a fan base (since this is a MSU sports forum) it's humiliating to be so disrespected by a recruit that was supposed to be a life-long, die-hard fan. Not talking about any personal detriment here.

Is it really?
</p>
See, I kind of find that to be a tad on the hyperbolic side.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
You went off on the dude's parents, called it humiliating and disrectful, and even said you were pissed about how it all went down. But all you really meant was that you were just disappointed?

Jackdragbean

May 23, 2006
That just makes too much sense Sesh. I stopped worrying about recruiting when Jackie had a top 5 class (or something like that) and we didn't win more than 3 games with the lot of them. Hell, we've been bitching about Croom's recruits and he goes and wins 8 games with them last year. I'd rather ***** about his coaching ability and development of his recruits rather than what 5 star kid someone else "stole" from us and why it's all Croom's fault. I guess when we suck this bad in baseball, the football bitchfest comes early.</p>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
dawgball said:

For some reason I find it hard to believe he would be the first kid ever to not go to his favorite school because a bigger one came calling. And do you really think it is humiliating to be disrespected by a 16 year old? If so it might be time to find a hobby. That is pathetic
</p>

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
Chris Garrett has never and will never have any bearing on my personal life or emotional well being. What I said is no different than somebody saying they're mad about losing a game. I'm disappointed and pissed about our ****** baseball team right now, but that doesn't mean I'm in any personal anguish about it.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Then lets just say you have a very emotional, and over the top approach to expressing disappointment in a junior in high school's decision.

My boss is a big LSU fan. I hope he doesn't come in and rub in the humilation of this dude going to LSU. Granted, I'll probably have to do some internet searches so both of us can figure out who he is and what he's done first. But then, boy, will he humiliate me. Well not so much me, but thousands upon thousands of MSU fans as a whole.

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
You can keep spinning all you want, but I never said I was personally humiliated or having any kind of emotional break down.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
[b said:
dawgball[/b]]You can keep spinning all you want, but I never said I was personally humiliated or having any kind of emotional break down.

</p>You can never win with these ***-clowns.
Next they will call you bipolar and tell you to get back on your meds.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
You're probably not feeling it now because this is your son and you're excited, but imagine how disappointing and humiliating it is for <font size="6">us</font> to have been played by one thought to be one our own.
But since you're through, so is the thread.

Besides, pleas to recruits, and especially their parents, aren't looked highly upon unless made in total jest. Even then, it better be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login