This is as excited I’ve been for a game since

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Have we done a position by position comparison?

Shaped ASU QB
State RBs. ASU RBs
State WRs. ASU WRs
State Oline. ASU Oline
State Dline. ASU Dline
State LBs. ASU LBs
State CBs. ASU CBs
State S's ASU S's
State P's. ASU P's
State K's. ASU K's

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Hate that I moved from Pacific to Eastern. It’s one of those things where I’m planning to go to sleep and wake up the next morning and watch it, but I don’t trust myself to avoid spoilers or sleep well and can see myself waking up at 3am and watching it all. If I try to watch a quarter, I’m going to stay up for the whole thing.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hate that I moved from Pacific to Eastern. It’s one of those things where I’m planning to go to sleep and wake up the next morning and watch it, but I don’t trust myself to avoid spoilers or sleep well and can see myself waking up at 3am and watching it all. If I try to watch a quarter, I’m going to stay up for the whole thing.
Whiskey helps. Start drinking about 9 pm.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I do like Lebby and think he can be successful if he stays long enough. But as far as this games goes I have no expectations. I will probably record and watch Sunday morning. Yes I’m a geezer.
You are not the only one. I will try, but I expect to finish watching the game the following day.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Strong coffee is your friend!

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I just hope that Lebby has tighten the screws on the boat this week. The talent to compete is there, we just need to amp up the focus and grind. The problem is we don't know if the ship is secure enough for this battle on the desert. My man cave is running out of furniture to throw through the windows.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Go to YouTube Sunday morning to the sports section and search for it and you can see all the highlights there. Not just a couple plays, they'll do 20 minutes or more. Much easier than staying up till after midnight having to watch the good and the bad

Reactions: onewoof

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Same for me. Bummer it starts so damn late. The competency level displayed last week was so 17n refreshing and, frankly, unexpected that I found myself genuinely curious if we haven’t possibly stumbled across a coach that has a 17n clue even if he has no experience.
Our PACwhatever game after dark will be watched by just about everybody nationwide. Of course, most of those will be drunk.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
I barely got to watch any games last year, 1) we sucked 2) no SEC network 3) I’m 17n excited for football season
I’ve told the missus that I don’t care what we do tomorrow, but 930 tomorrow night will find me on the couch and the tv will be on the game. I plan to stay up for the whole thing to 1) watch the bulldawgs 2) text **** to my buddies 3) see what this board does and drunkenly partake

Reactions: M R DAWGS

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Go to YouTube Sunday morning to the sports section and search for it and you can see all the highlights there. Not just a couple plays, they'll do 20 minutes or more. Much easier than staying up till after midnight having to watch the good and the bad
I want to watch the whole thing (I always do that even when we suck and are losing by 40), but I have a baby that wakes up at 7 every day, so if I try to watch it at night, I’ll get no sleep. Planning to just watch it on the ESPN app in the morning

Reactions: drexeldog23

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I am looking forward to it, myself. I will stay up and watch every minute.

The football program needs this win badly for fan engagement. I am afraid if we don't win, interest will fall completely off this year. Win.......huge crowd for the Florida game........assuming we beat Toledo.

Must win for the football program tonight.

Jul 11, 2024
I just hope that Lebby has tighten the screws on the boat this week. The talent to compete is there, we just need to amp up the focus and grind. The problem is we don't know if the ship is secure enough for this battle on the desert. My man cave is running out of furniture to throw through the windows.
How do you know the talent is there? We have 53 new players and have seen them play EKU.

Obviously we have some skill positions but we need to see what kind of talent we have on defense and the offensive line before we say we are "talented".

Reactions: patdog and olblue

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
How do you know the talent is there? We have 53 new players and have seen them play EKU.

Obviously we have some skill positions but we need to see what kind of talent we have on defense and the offensive line before we say we are "talented".
Yep. We looked about the same size as EKU last week. Maybe I am off on that......but we will see this week if we have the size and speed for big boy football.

We have the QB and WRs.....outside of that......we shall see.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
old danny glover GIF

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Yep. We looked about the same size as EKU last week. Maybe I am off on that......but we will see this week if we have the size and speed for big boy football.

We have the QB and WRs.....outside of that......we shall see.
The size of EKU’s offensive line was outside the norm for an FCS team. Several were listed between 330-355.

Our starting 22 is talented, but depth is a concern across the board, really, outside of WR.

Reactions: Maroon13

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I know you used to live in Washington state. Where are you now?

I'll be retiring in a few years. When that happens, we plan to move to California (Bay area, most likely). The thought of college football beginning at 9:00 AM (instead of 12:00 PM) and ending at 9:00 PM (instead of midnight, or later) is absolutely beautiful.

In the Pacific time zone, Monday Night Football will start at 5:30 PM (instead of 8:30 PM). Regular NFL Sunday games start at 10:00 AM and end at 7:00 PM.

Essentially, ALL sporting events will start earlier and end earlier . . . I love it! :love:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You forgot strain

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I want to watch the whole thing (I always do that even when we suck and are losing by 40), but I have a baby that wakes up at 7 every day, so if I try to watch it at night, I’ll get no sleep. Planning to just watch it on the ESPN app in the morning
Keep the baby up with you and everybody sleeps in?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have a 6 am Sunday flight and live about two hours from the airport. I’ll be getting up about the time y’all are going to bed. Someone at least post the score on the game thread so I can check there first.

• Sad
Reactions: HailStout

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Baton Rouge in 2020. And I gave no idea what to expect. I think that addd to the excitement.
I'm working hard to keep from getting my hopes up. I know me, and buying in, then having our bowl chances reduced to zero in week 2, will ruin my fall.

Reactions: msstatelp1

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I haven't been this excited since last Saturday.

The season is boring when you know you're winning it all.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login