This is so true about the EA NCAA game

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

We actually discussed this on a group text. I bet the large majority of players would opt to be part of the game for free. And Borkey is spot on, how many people are not buying the game because Caleb Williams isn’t in it. Besides his family and high school friends I doubt many people switched from being Oklahoma fans to USC fans because of his transfer.

As someone said on Twitter, We are all going to be playing Dynasty Mode so none of these players will be on our team in 3 weeks.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

We actually discussed this on a group text. I bet the large majority of players would opt to be part of the game for free. And Borkey is spot on, how many people are not buying the game because Caleb Williams isn’t in it. Besides his family and high school friends I doubt many people switched from being Oklahoma fans to USC fans because of his transfer.

As someone said on Twitter, We are all going to be playing Dynasty Mode so none of these players will be on our team in 3 weeks.

I haven't played NCAA in years. Really lost interest when the players went generic. Doesn't make logical sense, but it just lost some appeal. I played Madden a bunch, but have been stuck on FPS for over a decade now and don't play any sports games.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I haven't played NCAA in years. Really lost interest when the players went generic. Doesn't make logical sense, but it just lost some appeal. I played Madden a bunch, but have been stuck on FPS for over a decade now and don't play any sports games.
The players were always “generic” with no names associated with them just QB 15. As each iteration came out the player models and attributes got more refined. I can’t remember what year it was but the game that allowed you to change the names and if they were fairly common Nessler would call them by name was amazing.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The players were always “generic” with no names associated with them just QB 15. As each iteration came out the player models and attributes got more refined. I can’t remember what year it was but the game that allowed you to change the names and if they were fairly common Nessler would call them by name was amazing.
Maybe that's what I'm remembering. Once you built your roster, Nessler could instantly pronounce any player names, even very difficult ones. Name and likeness was kind of built in.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Was always generic with numbers only, but games allowed the ability to import a roster. I would always wait a week or so after the game release, wait for roster gurus online to complete a good accurate version and then start up the dynasty. To this day, there is still a small but dedicated group that will create modern rosters for the last version NCAA 14.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012

Just get the game out and give the people the same ability to mod rosters. Pay the dudes that wanna opt in and make generic names/numbers/rosters for those that don't.

Reactions: mcdawg22

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You can upload updated rosters each season. OperationSports does a great job with it
Yeah, the only reason I still have my PS3 is because I have 14 downloaded on it. I had the 2019 rosters uploaded but my dynasty is 4 years past it. We did not go to the air raid or play a 10 game SEC schedule in 2020.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Yeah, the only reason I still have my PS3 is because I have 14 downloaded on it. I had the 2019 rosters uploaded but my dynasty is 4 years past it. We did not go to the air raid or play a 10 game SEC schedule in 2020.
Same here. I actually bought a PS3 about 5 months ago to play it. My wife thinks I’m a child, but it’s fun

Reactions: mcdawg22
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login