This is starting to get hilarious

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Ga and Fl just passed NIL for HS... So our cost is about to go up.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Brilliant move in my book. 6 months *$500 note* 85 players = $255k, so itā€™s not astronomical money, and the null/void clause gives players something tangible to think about before deciding to hit the portal. This is forward thinking or in other words, the opposite of Cohen

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Yep.

Georgia to allow NIL deals for high school athletes​

A motion passed 66-9 in favor of the guidelines on Monday.

In fact, 34 states already allow it.

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) ā€” A new report suggests high school athletes in Florida could soon get paid for their name, image and likeness. The stateā€™s neighbor to the north, Georgia approved the move Monday.

According to USA Today, a spokesperson for the Florida High School Athletic Association stated: ā€œThe FHSAA is currently in the process of drafting a proposal that will be given to our board of directors for review at one of our upcoming meeting.ā€

If such a proposal is approved, Florida would join dozens of states to approve NIL deals. As of Tuesday, 34 other states allow high school athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm in my 40s, fat, and have a dad's fashion sense and I'd be too embarrassed to drive that ugly *** truck around town.
Maybe not even the biggest problem. How the hell are any of them going to remember where they parked when they all show up to the complex for workouts, film review, etc.

Reactions: NashLA

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Are they paying for the gas too? Get me a Tesla or something with reasonable gas mileage Joseph Smith.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
One day will all look back on this time and remember it as the time that college football was ruined. At least we did get to see some of the almost amateur football before this. Well, I mean, excluding teams that were already paying a lot for players.
I used to love the Olympics. I watched both the summer and winter games for many years. When they went professional I quit watching. Now we are going to have professional high school players. What in the wide, wide world of sports is happening. Has everyone gone mad?

The original intent of college sports was to utilize athletes from the student body for wholesome competition between schools. Now it is nothing more than a trophy awarded to the highest bidder just like professional sports. At least professional sports have a salary cap.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"The original intent" for so many things is long gone. But this has gotten ridiculous. Maybe we can get the SEC to let teams that finish last pick first in recruiting.***

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Did you see the boxing commercial she did? I only saw it once and I'm sure they pulled it. She was wearing a wife beater shirt with no bra punching out high prices. I'm sure a lot of wives were calling their stations that night!
Just revisited an article I read not too long ago about her from 2020. Real name Amy Neely Adkins, she was Miss TN 1998. Started doing Delois Price commercials in 1999. Married in 2002 has a 19 yr old son, 15 yr old daughter and 9 year old son. She quit in 2019 because she thought she was embarrassing her kids and their "friends were talking about her". I bet those 16 yr old boys were talking alright, always wanting to go swim and spend the night at Delois' house.......... She told them she had quit and they were shocked, said their friends thought the commercials were hilarious and great so she called the agency back and told them she would do another year or two. Interestingly she films 6-12 commercials for the whole year in one or two day in January and is done for the year. The rest of the year she works for IBM in Nashville (since 2018)

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The original intent of college sports was to utilize athletes from the student body for wholesome competition between schools. Now it is nothing more than a trophy awarded to the highest bidder just like professional sports. At least professional sports have a salary cap.
I said it when all of this started happening - and it's becoming true for me - but I'll gradually lose interest in college sports and just follow the pros. My interest seems to be shifting more & more to professional sports.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login