This is the same team that beat Marquette?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Going .500 in conference play now looks like an impossibility
We fold really easily to superior teams. Bama and Tenn might be top 5 teams. We will see. We will lose to Auburn as well bet the house on that spread whatever it is.

Other than that I think we actually do ok

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I really hope the team doesn’t start to hang its head. Considering their non-con record, I think most fans were going to be completely fine with a .500 or even 8-10 conference record. Just being on the bubble of the NCAA tournament would’ve been a huge achievement.

That said, if we start to skid with losses to teams that we should be able to compete with, I’m afraid that it’ll quickly undo a lot of goodwill that Jans has built up. Here’s to hoping the last two games were just cases of being outmanned by Top 10 teams, and we’ll pick things back up in a hurry. I just don’t know with this offense

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Whatever funk we are in we need to get out of it soon

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Going .500 in conference play now looks like an impossibility
Marquette would crush us right now. Don't know why we've nose-dived recently, but maybe our opponents have the book down on stopping Tolu since he can't shoot further than 5 ft. from the basket. Jeffries is inconsistent. Matthews can do it all except shoot outside. And our guards look very average vs SEC play. Was hoping to make the dance, but now I'm thinking of downgrading my expectations to maybe the NIT unless Jans can get a lineup to win enough SEC games. I'm worried about the OM game here. They can really shoot outside. I'm thinking we need to keep pounding it inside as they are not real tall. Tolu and Matthews should be able to overwhelm them inside and maybe free up Jeffries and Davis to do something outside.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login