This LSU game just became massive for this season's potential

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
However you feel about last night (I feel fine and dandy overall), we got past the first "must win" of the season (I wasn't worried about Memphis, despite last year).

We now have a beatable LSU team on the road in a game that will go a really long way in determining if we can have a memorable season or just another pretty good one. This team has the talent and experience to have a memorable season, even against this schedule.

Hell, this schedule is what could make it memorable. When you've got a good team (I think we are at the very least a good team right now), you want to play exciting games against other good teams so the country will notice if you do well (think 2014). Our schedule is loaded with good to very good teams and only two games that seem unwinnable right now (but might not be).

Get by LSU and we're almost certain to be 4-0 heading into a stretch of 6 great SEC games with nothing but massive opportunities.

I'm excited to watch it play out.

Now, beat that 17ing Tigah azz!!!

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've got to say, after 2 weeks, the LSU and A&M games look a lot more winnable than they did before the season. And I've moved Auburn from the "we should win, but they could give us trouble" category to the "it's a win" category.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Isn't that the case almost every year?

Maybe, but clearly this year the game is much more winnable on paper than usual and the potential of this team is such an unknown. Kind of a high ceiling on this team right now if they can improve week to week.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
OL must play better, avoid the stupid penalties, win turnover margin, and don’t beat ourselves in the kicking game and we should come out of BR with a W

tired

Sep 16, 2013
This game is definitely more nerve wracking when you feel like you can actually win.

It is & I’ve seen some bad LSU teams beat some good State teams. It’s in BR & I hope the players know they can win it, but also play with their hair on fire. LSU has talent & if they decide to put it all together, it could be trouble. I believe we should win, but I’m cautiously optimistic.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I feel like we’re playing with house money. Just gotta go down there and play well.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Truth is, if we had one offensive lineman back from last year (he's in the NFL now) I'd be a whole lot more confident.

That said, I like our offense in these hostile environments. There's no uncertainty. If they can execute they can put up points anywhere on anybody. And Will makes me more and more confident in these games. Not many college teams have leaders as cool and precise as he is.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I agree with this, and would add Arkansas is going to be much bigger challenge than anticipated.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
When was the last time we were favored going in there? I saw elsewhere somebody said 1998.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login