This may be the best MSU conspiracy theory I've ever seen....

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
....from Veazey's blog:

<blockquote dir="ltr" style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <div class="Comments_From"> <font color="#000000">bullyfan</font> wrote: </div> <div class="Comments_CommentText" id="CommentBody[5]"> I know rumors are just that...rumors, and usually I don't pay them much attention but I thought this was interesting..
The latest rumor mill had this to say...
Byrnes is the new AD, his father is AD of Texas A&M. The U.S. Secretary of Defense is an alumni of A&M. Word is Doc was promised a job in Washington with the defense dept. if he hired Byrnes as MSU AD. All of this is just speculation and gossip for that matter, but it will be interesting to see if it come to pass. </div>[/quote] <div class="Comments_NestedDate" dir="ltr"> 3/7/2008 2:54 PM CST

Got that...so to recap:

1.Byrne wants AD job, calls dad.
2.Dad calls old boss, now SecDef.
3.SecDef calls Doc, offers Doc job if Doc promotes Byrne.
4.Doc accepts, promotes Byrne, waits three weeks to bail for new job.

Yeeeaaaah....okay. </div>

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
So they fire the whole defense Dept every time a new President is elected?
I don't think so.

So who is the dumb-***??</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
fishwater99 said:
So they fire the whole defense Dept every time a new President is elected?
I don't think so.

So who is the dumb-***??</p>

No. But they often get rid of a lot of the higher up appointments. Especially if the new president is a democrat.</p>

NutherT

Oct 14, 2007
Ummmm.....the political appointees are replaced. And it's the political appointees that call the shots.

The career folks don't change with a change in administration.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
Would you not think that a retired, four-star general that has had the positions that Doc has could get a job at the DoD without masquerading as a Pres of an SEC school?...especially MSU?

Chem70

Feb 23, 2008
in a process to bring enough heat on Byrne to get him to reconsider taking the AD job, thus setting up Templeton to remain as AD.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
What? That would be kind of crazy for Byrne to reconsider.

Byrne: "Hmmm...I finally got an AD job at an SEC school, but now they are going to have a new President. I could either wait and see what happens, or I could just give the job back to LT.

That's not going to happen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login