This Pretty Much Sums Up My Feelings This Morning

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Nobody but one or two idiots are saying fire Leach so GTFO with that nonsense. As for appreciating what others are doing, that's the rat poison. We beat ourselves last night and our coaches and players damn sure need to be looking inward instead of giving the other team more credit than they deserve.

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
Either way you slice it, this one hurt and it hurt bad. Losing the way we did. Not one Ole Miss fan out there would admit this but we handed this game to them. SEVERAL missed opportunities, you all saw it. Maybe that’s our silver lining, had they come in here and just ran us off the field, that would be another story, but that isn’t what happened. We are a good team, we just choked. That’s all there is to it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wow. Nah, there are some folks who won't listen to what he's actually saying either. What does that guy know about winning in college football.

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
Yep, we lost that game by not making 2 field goals and not making the two touchdowns. They didn’t beat us, we beat ourselves!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yep, we lost that game by not making 2 field goals and not making the two touchdowns. They didn’t beat us, we beat ourselves!

Pretty much all season when we added in some effective running plays and didn't make those dumb/bad mistakes we moved the ball with ease. The only thing that stopped us this season was ourselves. The amount of improvement that we made in this area from last year to this year was substantial and if we improve that much between this season and next season we will be a really solid team.

Our defense was effective at times this season but we really missed having some dominant defensive players. We've always had one or two strong DL guys who were a force but pretty much the entire line was usually very good. That was the biggest thing that hurt us last night we got absolutely zero pressure on Corrall from our linemen and gave up more big running plays than we are used to. I thought we did a good job of changing out our DL when Ole Miss was on the field trying to run fast on our defense, but they just didn't get any pressure. We are also missing a couple of headhunters on our team. A DE, linebacker, or a free safety that can really pop the pads on someone. We did not have an enforcer this year on the fence and I hope we find one before next year

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Saban can say that. He's about it. Easy to say that when you're winning every game. Let him go 7-5, lose to AU back to back, and his mouth will shut or he'll leave.

AtlantaDawg

Nov 27, 2017
What bothered me most:
1. Our players were getting pushed around all night. Ole Miss was stronger and faster. I don’t know if we are a younger team, or if the work harder in the weight room, but it appeared that men were playing boys.
2. We constantly lost contain on defense. It would be 3rd and 8 and Corral would scramble for 10-20 yards, many times untouched. At some point you may want to consider shadowing him.
3. Whoever was covering the running back on the swing pass was too slow. The outside receiver would block the CB toward the field and the back would run up the sideline for 20 yards untouched because the covering LB would be to slow to catch him. Once again, a contain issue for the CB’s.
4. Every minor holding on us was called, when Ole Miss would literally grab the jersey or tackle our DL with no call. It appeared that pass interference calls were the same. I can only conclude that the SEC officials were helping Ole Miss finish 10-2, so that 3 SEC teams finish in the top 8 standings in the BCS.
5. We never placed another blocker to help our OT block #7. As a result, #7 got at least 3 sacks, which had to rattle Will Rogers. They were also drive killers.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I disagree. Ole Miss had the most to lose by far. I wouldn't trade places with them right now. (of course I'd never trade places because I can't Ole Miss)

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Blatant, uncalled holding cost us the first TD. I don't believe for a minute that if that 2nd and 22 had rightly turned into a 3rd and 32 that they would have scored that drive. Who knows about the rest of the game, but that no call was painful.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
It sure would have been nice to have Jordan Davis all year. He would have completely changed our pass rush. I hope he comes back. Crumedy, Pickering, and Jordan should all make big jumps next year. Getting Davis back could be nasty.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login