This seems relevant - New NCAA Constitution Signed

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Mark Emmert being the spokesman for this "new nation" is akin to the U.S. Constitution being written by King George III.

drumrcraig

Aug 22, 2012
My favorite part of that article is where it referred to the Big 12 as a “so-called” Power 5 conference.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Conferences have more power means a lot for sure. I can't see anyone getting an advantage over the SEC in the sports it cares about but I can see the SEC gaining an advantage that only money can buy.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I heard some network execs saying the idea of getting rid of the conference names and replacing them with the name of TV networks is being kicked around. Ex/ SEC could become the ESPN Conference. This would obviously create more branding for the networks and remove the "stigma" of geography mattering. Money talks.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I heard some network execs saying the idea of getting rid of the conference names and replacing them with the name of TV networks is being kicked around. Ex/ SEC could become the ESPN Conference. This would obviously create more branding for the networks and remove the "stigma" of geography mattering. Money talks.

No way in hell. SEC wouldnt give up their power to bid out TV deals. It has been too lucrative this past decade...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login