This Selmon hire is the most un-MSU thing ever the history of MSU

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Give Mark Keenum credit... He went out and hired the person who he thought was best for the job, even with lack of MSU and SEC connections. Also, give Keenum credit that his reputation is so good within college athletics this young man was willing to come to Starkville with no MSU connections and a young family in tow.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
There have been numerous AD's and HC's that have had success hired in as total outsiders. I think we got the best guy if you are looking for intelligence, youth, energy and results. Can you imagine how jacked he must be finally being an AD? I'm also glad the best guy IMO is black but wouldn't have wanted him if I didn't think he was the best choice. I just think based on the racial makeup of student athletes, having a black AD is also a big plus.

Reactions: Indndawg

fredgarvin

Jun 26, 2010
There have been numerous AD's and HC's that have had success hired in as total outsiders. I think we got the best guy if you are looking for intelligence, youth, energy and results. Can you imagine how jacked he must be finally being an AD? I'm also glad the best guy IMO is black but wouldn't have wanted him if I didn't think he was the best choice. I just think based on the racial makeup of student athletes, having a black AD is also a big plus.
Hopefully, our players look up his uncles and discover what bad-asses they were

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I don't think he'll be here that long. 4-6 years I'm guessing. Once he actually sees what he's up against in the SEC West, he'll let out a big sigh and then remember what his paycheck looks like.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think he'll be here that long. 4-6 years I'm guessing. Once he actually sees what he's up against in the SEC West, he'll let out a big sigh and then remember what his paycheck looks like.
The good ones will move on after 4-6 years like Greg Byrne. The only ones we will hold onto are.....well you know who they are....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login