This team is really bad… right now

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
We have no one that will replace Ledbetter or even Clark. There’s no Yeager.

It’s one thing to ask pitchers with a 5.50 era to bring it down to 3.50. We’re asking guys with a 9.50 era to do that.

We run the bases and field like a HS team. Every thing about that run down was terrible, even though we got the out. Our best two hitters will combine for 150+ Ks.

I just don’t understand how it came to this. Maybe we just need to get healthy. I hope that’s the case. I know Kohler and Mershon are big pieces. As is Simmons and Loftin. Maybe those 4 can make this a bubble team. Maybe Highfill will become a .300 hitter once healthy.

As it stands now, I feel like the Randy Quaid character on Major League 1 and 2. “Wild thing. I think I loathe you.”

I hope this season ends the same way those movies do. Our 2018 team was similar early.

Reactions: Cossa

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah. Lots of truth in the above.

hard to judge the pitching agains the Air Force hitting. Air Force just doesn’t have any quality hitters, minus their lead off guy.

got to find some guys that can be productive in the 6-9 spots.

lots to clean up. This should have been 3 run rule jobs

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m not very optimistic about this team at all… but if you had told me the pitching looked serviceable this weekend and the hitting was not good, I would have taken it. I think the team will hit well enough to keep us competitive, at least most weekends anyway. It was nice to see pitchers that actually look like they should be playing college ball.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Right. We shoulda crushed them yesterday. It woulda felt much better. Today was decent. But overall some terrible base stealing and Holcombe stunk. Not sure why they let him come back into the game for another inning. Maybe they can clean some of that up before SEC play. Orherwise it's gonna be another $hitty season.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012

hard to judge the pitching agains the Air Force hitting. Air Force just doesn’t have any quality hitters, minus their lead off guy.

I agree. I was thinking while watching today that most past State teams save a few would've run ruled all three games.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018

We get it. You think Air Force sucks.

Will you promise to stop after 100 posts about it?

Reactions: Mts68
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login