This thread may get locked quickly but was just wondering.....

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Why did the "The US just cut off all Russia dollar transactions" thread get locked? I found it to be a highly interesting discussion that did not get overly political. Just mostly good healthy debate and discussion. Did I miss something?

Feb 23, 2008
Well it was a good thread up until the usual suspects showed up throwing out things irrelevant to the discussion. Some just can’t help themselves.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Yep, sadly there are a good many posters here that would rather hijack the discussion than have an open minded debate and stick to the subject. Problem too is that people now can't even agree as to what the facts are. It's the world we are living in now, sadly.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
My leading theory is that Fighting Irish is a Putin fan and called in a favor and got the thread locked.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Seemed pretty tame and reasonable. I certainly enjoyed reading comments on the evolving and expanding situation.

I think I made the last comment, which was a response to someone posting vague conspiracy claims over why Russia is actually invading. My post didn't seem extreme, but I guess I will again take the blame?
Sorry guys.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Seemed pretty tame and reasonable. I certainly enjoyed reading comments on the evolving and expanding situation.

I think I made the last comment, which was a response to someone posting vague conspiracy claims over why Russia is actually invading. My post didn't seem extreme, but I guess I will again take the blame?
Sorry guys.

Nope. Not just you. Although we have disagreed more than once you rarely respond with the below the belt comebacks that drag a thread down to the lock.

I know it may sound funny for an online sports forum but locked thread usually die from how you say something not exactly what you've said.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login