Thoughts on Lebby from an OU point of view

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Cliff notes? Curious but not listening to their 2 hr podcast.
The first 10 minutes or so will fill you in. I listened to most of it while I was cooking chili today. They are 75%-99% pleased with him and knew he was a short term solution because he would be in high demand. They are proud he was able to get the MSU job, but as OU fans they feel no one man is bigger than the program. The only real knock against Lebby was they felt he didn't have a killer instinct with his play calling, but couldn't argue with the results. They assume that their starting QB will come to MSU. They view him as a great recruiter and it's up in the air which recruits may follow him.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
for context and fairness, Lane Kiffin also gives you 25% of plays in a game where you say "what in the F are you doing?"
Agree, past 2 years actually. Last year it seemed a lot of lateral stuff we just blew up and this year should have bombed the **** out of us but never really did. Like every other game, if we had half a semblance of an offense we might have won.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
The OU fans I’ve talked to mostly like him, but complain about “a few head scratching play calls every game”. They think he’s a good OC, but not irreplaceable. Their biggest concern is whether their 5-star QB (who Lebby recruited) will leave with him.

Literally zero concerns from them about his time at Baylor.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
The first 10 minutes or so will fill you in. I listened to most of it while I was cooking chili today. They are 75%-99% pleased with him and knew he was a short term solution because he would be in high demand. They are proud he was able to get the MSU job, but as OU fans they feel no one man is bigger than the program. The only real knock against Lebby was they felt he didn't have a killer instinct with his play calling, but couldn't argue with the results. They assume that their starting QB will come to MSU. They view him as a great recruiter and it's up in the air which recruits may follow him.
Thanks Mercy GIF by Jason Earls

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The OU fans I’ve talked to mostly like him, but complain about “a few head scratching play calls every game”. They think he’s a good OC, but not irreplaceable. Their biggest concern is whether their 5-star QB (who Lebby recruited) will leave with him.

Are any of those plays the smallest dude on the team up the middle?

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Are any of those plays the smallest dude on the team up the middle?
HA!

No, their biggest complaints are horizontal plays (sweeps, screens, etc) at odd times.

They also note that he “called” a 5-yard out on 3rd & 7 a handful of times. What OC hasn’t “called” that playin that situation at least once, though. To me, those are really more on the QB than the OC.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
HA!

No, their biggest complaints are horizontal plays (sweeps, screens, etc) at odd times.

They also note that he “called” a 5-yard out on 3rd & 7 a handful of times. What OC hasn’t “called” that playin that situation at least once, though. To me, those are really more on the QB than the OC.
QB has to have an outlet.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007

I have a hunch this will remind some of our fans of a certain former coach who was also an OC

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login