Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
EXCLUSIVE Facebook and Instagram to temporarily allow calls for violence against Russians https://t.co/dhcObdoDk6 pic.twitter.com/QVokunNzyx— Reuters (@Reuters) March 10, 2022

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Good way weed out the crazies from your friends list. Or, start following them if you enjoy the crazy.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I admittedly am not well versed about social media but what good does this serve ?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Could you imagine them doing that if it was China? I guess we’ll see once they invade Taiwan how that will go over.
”Facebook and Twitter okay calls for violence against Chinese people.”

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I admittedly am not well versed about social media but what good does this serve ?

Because there are some smart Millennials and Gen Z in Russia who know how to break into social media when their goverment locks it all down to keep the truth from getting out about the war. The truth has to get out if you ever want Putin to be removed from office by his own people. I don't like face book but I applaud them. Just so you know I am a "open you beer at the bar then go out side and kick someone's *** Gen X". Yes I tight rolled my jeans as a teen.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
This tweet omits a major nuance to the policy change.

“The temporary policy changes on calls for violence to Russian soldiers apply to Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, and Ukraine, according to one email.”

It’s not like they’re going to let people in the US call for violence on their next door neighbors of Russian descent, which is what the tweet sounds like.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
First let me say 17 Putin. But I don't like this. This is almost as ham-handed as jackasses getting on Yelp and calling for boycotts against mom and pop Russian restaurants across the US. Just because Putin is a psychopath doesn't mean all Russians across the globe should be blighted.

Too many innocent people are going to die because of wannabe vigilantes.

All the righteous indignation from US brands is laughable. McDonalds shutting down all the restaurants in Russia? Lame. See if they pull that **** in China.

All these boycotts and embargos are mostly impacting the middle and lower class. The billionaire oligarch will simply become millionaire oligarchs.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
China is raping the world's oceans of all its fish. You want chicken nuggies in China. You need chicken nuggies in China.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
First let me say 17 Putin. But I don't like this. This is almost as ham-handed as jackasses getting on Yelp and calling for boycotts against mom and pop Russian restaurants across the US. Just because Putin is a psychopath doesn't mean all Russians across the globe should be blighted.

Too many innocent people are going to die because of wannabe vigilantes.

All the righteous indignation from US brands is laughable. McDonalds shutting down all the restaurants in Russia? Lame. See if they pull that **** in China.

All these boycotts and embargos are mostly impacting the middle and lower class. The billionaire oligarch will simply become millionaire oligarchs.
So, what is YOUR solution? Serious question.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I honestly don't have one. Like I said before, Putin will gladly let his people starve before he concedes. Unfortunately many of these embargos are facilitating it.

I hate to say it, but the best solution is what Cocaine Mitch said on twitter on a while back. A Russian needs to get rid of Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login