Threads

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Seems like a mass exodus to threads this morning. Twitter may not make it if Elon keeps screwing around with rate limits and blue check marks. Aptly time release from meta. Don't like that it's tied to instagram account. Hopefully all the sports reports have one to move to over there.

Reactions: Dawgg

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Elon may have messed up testing out different things on twitter and pushing people away. Meta did a great job on the release. Biggest issue I am seeing is I am getting threads from a lot of accounts I don't follow. So the feed needs to be cleaned up with who I actually follow

Reactions: Dawgg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't care about Twitter and treat it like a joke because it Is primarily a platform for people to express their opinions when more often than not, they should keep their mouths shut. It has way too much control over our life. I care even less about Meta and making Zuck even more money. It isn't about being older as much as not wanting to share ever17ingthing about myself with another app. If it weren't for family and a few friends, I wouldn't be on FB.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Undies ❌

Calling for an official name change @dawgstudent...

CochiseCommando

Funnily enough, I thought of editing my post to get you, specifically, on board, again with THESE, by including them in my list. I just didn't want to completely hijack the entire bi-tching about Elon thread. But, here we are!

You mocked me for them before. Trust me they'll change your life. The wife bought me one pair as a gag gift, I loved them so much she signed up for the pair a month subscription. I wear nothing else now. In fact my drawer was getting so full, she wondered how many I had. So, for the month of May I put the clean ones in a different drawer, after the wash. I was able to wear a separate new pair every day with some to spare.

And yes, those exact ones are the ones I have on. And now I've shared entirely too much.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Funnily enough, I thought of editing my post to get you, specifically, on board, again with THESE, by including them in my list. I just didn't want to completely hijack the entire bi-tching about Elon thread. But, here we are!

You mocked me for them before. Trust me they'll change your life. The wife bought me one pair as a gag gift, I loved them so much she signed up for the pair a month subscription. I wear nothing else now. In fact my drawer was getting so full, she wondered how many I had. So, for the month of May I put the clean ones in a different drawer. I was able to wear a separate new pair every day with some to spare.

And yes, those exact ones are the ones I have on. And now I've shared entirely too much.
I just spent a few weeks back in Texas. It was 100 plus with heat indexes pushing 120 nearly every day. I had forgotten that chaffing was a thing. The entire circumference around my junk/taint was as raw as Mexican cowboy's *** after spending a day in naugahyde saddle and eating a bucket of tamales...

Now I am back home, it was a brisk 48 when I left the house at 7:15 this morning. As I type this, in the heat of the day, it is 79 with 21% humidity. I would have to pass out with a lit blow torch in my crotch to get my balls to sweat in this place. I'm actually thinking of switching to 800 gram thinsulate undies just to keep my dinger warm enough that it doesn't break off if I get a surprise stiffie.

If I ever travel back south in the summer (which is doubtful after this last debacle), I'll take a look at your amish banana hammocks for sure.

ETA. Mrs Socks (she didn't migrate with the name change) just told me to ask if they come in leather?

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
threads is an attempt to overtake iMessage, not Twitter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The question is will @dawgstudent revolt and go to threads after being twitter banned . When I suggested starting a new twitter I underestimated the Godfathers ability to act quickly and influence Zuckerberg to start a new platform. I see ya DS

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I don't care about Twitter and treat it like a joke because it Is primarily a platform for people to express their opinions when more often than not, they should keep their mouths shut. It has way too much control over our life. I care even less about Meta and making Zuck even more money. It isn't about being older as much as not wanting to share ever17ingthing about myself with another app. If it weren't for family and a few friends, I wouldn't be on FB.
This is simply another Zuckhead platform I won’t be joining. I’m on FB to see family and friends and I’m on Twitter because it’s my favorite news outlet. I’m hetero, so therefore I’m not on insta.*****

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I just don’t get this. It seems like you would have to seek out all these opinions to be able to see them. I follow msu sports reporters for msu news and weather accounts. Never do I ever see this kind of stuff unless I click the search tool icon. When I do on occasion I’m quickly reminded of why I don’t and I go back to my happy place of just my follows.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I just don’t get this. It seems like you would have to seek out all these opinions to be able to see them. I follow msu sports reporters for msu news and weather accounts. Never do I ever see this kind of stuff unless I click the search tool icon. When I do on occasion I’m quickly reminded of why I don’t and I go back to my happy place of just my follows.
Right now, Threads is a firehose of rando celebrities, media corps, influencers, etc along with meme makers and comedians. If it’s supposed to be a messaging app, it’s utterly failing because it’s being treated as a Twitter alternative by the users. Every post is public. There is no way to curate your feed, as of now. It’s fun though because everything is light-hearted and breezy. I hope it stays that way.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Note that you have to delete your Instagram account to delete your Threads account. It's a half baked Instagram spin off.

Also for reference Twitter has 450M users across the world. (not just America and Europe btw)

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Note that you have to delete your Instagram account to delete your Threads account. It's a half baked Instagram spin off.

Also for reference Twitter has 450M users across the world. (not just America and Europe btw)
I was like 33 mil something this morning so I would say it's off to a good start. I haven't gotten some random bot follow yet. I'm sure it will come. Lots of threads but definitely needs curation options or two separate feeds. Like following and possibly interested

Last edited:
Reactions: travis.sixpack

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Duluth Trading Co Armachillo underwear are the best thing in the world for The Swamp A$$. Mine were a gift and I can’t bring myself to pay $30 for another pair but they are some fine hot weather drawers.

Duluth Trading and Gold Bond Powder. 2 things I don't leave home without in the summer. Well Duluth year round.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Duluth Trading and Gold Bond Powder. 2 things I don't leave home without in the summer. Well Duluth year round.
About 5 years ago I ditched the gold bond, budreaux's, and every other previously known monkey butt/swamp áss treatment. It's all about prevention.

I guarantee you never get it again if you go Body Glide. I used it for my nips back when I was running a lot. Decided to put some on a wad of Charmin and dab up my inner cheeks and thighs... history was made.

Best $10 you can spend if you are going to be in a chafing environment.

Screenshot_20230707-065641.png

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Don't like that it's tied to instagram account. Hopefully all the sports reports have one to move to over there.
Just go create a new Instagram account and never plan to use it. You can use the same email address you used before but just create a new password for it and if you don't like Threads you won't lose the new Instagram.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Levi's, Cabela's Work boots, Hanes socks and undershirt, generic polo with company logo, and this cap:

View attachment 363044

I don't see how this is important. I still don't drive slow in the left lane or drink NA Beer.**

Trying my first pair of Carhartt boots, very impressed. Had them since Feb and soles haven't worn a bit and the leather just keeps getting softer.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A Twitter account is whatever you make it. I dumped my original one back during the pandemic because of the political BS that was being slung by both sides, I got sick of it. I also quit watching the news for same reason, but, missed seeing what was going on. So I created a new Twitter account. If you follow liberal or conservative news organizations (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, One America News), so called "stars" on either end of the spectrum like Alyssa Milano, Don Lemon, Keith Olberman, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, etc etc you are going to see people that like you said "should keep their mouths shut" or that you aren't going to agree with. I don't follow any of those at all and NEVER see anything controversial. I consider myself pretty conservative but I can't stand to watch a conservative rant and don't want to watch them try to change someones opinion any more than I want to watch a liberal do the same. If you want unbiased news you can follow @AP (Associated Press) or @UPI (United Press International) but they both Tweet A LOT so it gets old.

I follow some of the MSU sports reporters (there's some that can even get under my skin), a few MSU employees that Tweet MSU related news, some weather accounts, some restaurants that tweet what their daily specials are and some food trucks that tell you where they are parking that day, local Starkville law enforcement accounts, a few MSU fans that I like to follow, some miscellaneous ones and that's about it.

None of that "controls my life". I can count on one hand the times I have actually "tweeted" something. I occasionally comment on something one of the accounts I follow might say. Make it as controversial as you want or something that is useful to you for information through the day, whatever you want.

Edited to say: I also follow this new account that I'm trying to figure out called "@SixPackSpeak_II" or something like that. It's getting pretty radical lately, always whining directly to Elon Musk for one reason or another. I'm considering unfollowing if it gets much more radical......**

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Seems like a mass exodus to threads this morning. Twitter may not make it if Elon keeps screwing around with rate limits and blue check marks. Aptly time release from meta. Don't like that it's tied to instagram account. Hopefully all the sports reports have one to move to over there.
I read someone's assertion that the limits were in place to keep nation state threat actor BOTs from scraping tons of data from conversations. i.e. to protect you

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Wimp, I use this stuff. I like that "tingle around the dingle". It's got almost twice as much tingle (Menthol) as the yellow version

View attachment 363459
fart GIF

Reactions: MaxwellSmart
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login