Thunder & Lightning: Can Mississippi State Finally Compete With Alabama Again?

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
It has been six years since Mississippi State could say with any conviction they played their best game against Alabama, even if it meant coming up short. In a time period where every other team in the West has either beaten the Crimson Tide or at least gone toe to toe with them, why haven’t the Bulldogs been able to muster any sort of respectable effort. Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk discuss how Zach Arnett has to fix his team’s mentality when it comes to their neighbors to the east.

The post Thunder & Lightning: Can Mississippi State Finally Compete With Alabama Again? appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I do think GA caught them. I don't think Smart is as good of a coach as Saban. I just think Saban has lost some of his edge due to age and Smart has recruited just as good. Saban has trouble keeping staff together. He goes through a lot of DC and OC's. That has help keep him from winning another Championship. It might keep him from winning another.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
The premise is: can State play Bama close? The answer is sure. The problem with the past 5 seasons was the coaches. Loved Mike Leach, but his scheme was a bad fit against Bama's defense. The Tide had the safeties athletic enough to shut down all the first read and really good edge rushers to harass Rogers into making bad decisions. The run game wasn't good enough to make them pay for dropping eight. Moorhead was just incompetent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login