Thunder & Lightning: Is Vegas Underestimating Mississippi State?

Brian Hadad

Oct 1, 2023
Mississippi State isn’t going to be on anybody’s lists for playoff contenders this season. They might not make a top 25 poll, they will have to grind every game to make a bowl. But even with all that, is Vegas way off with the opening line for Saturday’s game against Eastern Kentucky? Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk discuss why the Bulldogs should be a much bigger favorite over their FCS opponent.

The post Thunder & Lightning: Is Vegas Underestimating Mississippi State? appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Vegas is either baiting or right. Vegas is usually right. Nobody really knows what we will look like.

Reactions: patdog

msu

Aug 22, 2012
Mississippi State isn’t going to be on anybody’s lists for playoff contenders this season. They might not make a top 25 poll, they will have to grind every game to make a bowl. But even with all that, is Vegas way off with the opening line for Saturday’s game against Eastern Kentucky? Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk discuss why the Bulldogs should be a much bigger favorite over their FCS opponent.

The post Thunder & Lightning: Is Vegas Underestimating Mississippi State? appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...
Still no Google/YouTube music listing

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
It's really hard to know what teams every year are going to be good, bad, or indifferent. The Portal has changed everything.

Aug 3, 2011
Based on their spreads it leads to a 44-17 type game. I wish we would score more and give up less. But I can definitely see a world where that is feasible. Basically that just tells me they don’t have any idea on our defense, just like any of us.

Even if our first team defense holds them down and our first team offense is humming, our second team could give up a couple of drives or have a bust in coverage which leads to less offensive opportunity for us to really run it up.

I can definitely see a world where it’s 38-3 middle of the third and we sub in and go 7-14 the rest of the game. Definitely not a great sign but it’s right up there with everyone’s worry about defense and depth.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Based on their spreads it leads to a 44-17 type game. I wish we would score more and give up less. But I can definitely see a world where that is feasible. Basically that just tells me they don’t have any idea on our defense, just like any of us.

Even if our first team defense holds them down and our first team offense is humming, our second team could give up a couple of drives or have a bust in coverage which leads to less offensive opportunity for us to really run it up.

I can definitely see a world where it’s 38-3 middle of the third and we sub in and go 7-14 the rest of the game. Definitely not a great sign but it’s right up there with everyone’s worry about defense and depth.
I think more likely is something like up 24-7 middle of the third, then give up a TD to make it 24-14 before scoring a couple of late TDs after EKU is exhausted. With so many new players and coaches, odds of hitting the ground running on all cylinders out of the gate are pretty low.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login