Thunder & Lightning: Mississippi State Plays Better But Still Loses + The Annual Wrestlemania Preview

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
It still isn’t good enough for Mississippi State baseball, but the Diamond Dawgs looked like a competent, competitive baseball team on Thursday night in a 6-4 defeat to South Carolina. Future Brian recaps the game while reminding you that it still isn’t what this program should be doing, then Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk dive into their favorite passion, pro wrestiling with an in-depth preview of the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania.

WARNING – PRO WRESTLING DISCUSSED ON THIS PODCAST!!

The post Thunder & Lightning: Mississippi State Plays Better But Still Loses + The Annual Wrestlemania Preview appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Best pod of the year.

@HD6 I disagree with your 1000 day theory on Roman. I don't think that's a meaningful landmark. The critical part is that he drops the title to someone worth dropping the title to, not the timing (although WM is the most meaningful time to do it). There is no guarantee at SummerSlam there will be anyone worth dropping it to. Then what? He keeps it until some other random milestone? I'm not a Cody fan, but he's over. According to Meltzer and LaGreca, they can't keep his merch in stock. Plus he's a guy you can put on Good Morning America. I hate to admit it, but either Roman drops it to Cody on Sunday, or we have another 180+ days until something else percolates. I think Roman wants a break and Hollywood is calling his name.

I like Rollins, but I don't think he's as over as you think. HIS SONG IS, but fans are a bit indifferent to him. I've been to several WWE live events of the past year and everyone chants his song, but no one is on the edge of their seats during the match. He definitely needs a better program.

I do agree with Jey Uso being a future megastar. His work rate is amazing and IMO he has more charisma than Roman. He's a better actor for sure. The way he was able to work the Zayne storyline was top shelf.

The Uso/KO Zayne match is a crapshoot. I just don't see KO/Zayne as a long term solution. It would be tremendous immediate excitement, but I don't see them having any sustainability. Think Mega Powers.

I agree about Charlotte and Rhea. Charlotte's promos have been half hearted lately. I'm not sure if that's on purpose. Rhea needs the strap.

Gunther is the man. You said everything that needs to be said.

Lemme talk to ya....right now I'm on the LA Knight bandwagon. Yeah. He desperately needs a good storyline. I think he can be that next level guy a la Miz. Not the best in-ring, but great mic skills. I'm hoping he wins the Battle Royal and gets weaved into WM somehow. He's my guy.

On my wish list is Bron Breakker making an appearance. It's time. Need a big meathead to give him a rub. Maybe Brock will do it. He's mellowed out in his older age. F5 Omos for the viral clip, then have Bron come in and stomp him out.

Theory/Cena seems odd to me. I agree, they aren't bringing Cena back to lose. But then what? On the other hand, Theory is Vince's boy. Again...weird.

Lastly, I wouldn't be shocked if The Rock interferes with Roman match. I think it's a way to give the fans a little bit of what they've wanted for the past 3 years and not get in the way of Rock's movie making.

Last edited:

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
we still made so many mistakes-mentally and physically. Coaching still sucks.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Listen Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

"Professional" Rasslin?

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I don’t understand the intense analysis of wrestling. It’s scripted which everyone acknowledges, so why analyze the s hit out of it? You’re simply analyzing writing, not any type of sports performance. Why not go in depth into Days off Our Lives or All My Children. It’s the same thing, minus the meatheads in bikini bottoms. I just don’t get it, nerds…..

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I don’t understand the intense analysis of wrestling. It’s scripted which everyone acknowledges, so why analyze the s hit out of it? You’re simply analyzing writing, not any type of sports performance. Why not go in depth into Days off Our Lives or All My Children. It’s the same thing, minus the meatheads in bikini bottoms. I just don’t get it, nerds…..
I mean there are podcasts after podcasts anyalyzing every big show on tv before and after they air. How is this different?

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I mean there are podcasts after podcasts anyalyzing every big show on tv before and after they air. How is this different?
It isn’t. I wasn’t criticizing only T&L; just generally asking what separates this from any other scripted TV show or soap opera.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
It isn’t. I wasn’t criticizing only T&L; just generally asking what separates this from any other scripted TV show or soap opera.
Nothing separates it and nobody seems to be pretending it’s real. Just previewing the show before it comes on

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Best pod of the year.

@HD6 I disagree with your 1000 day theory on Roman. I don't think that's a meaningful landmark. The critical part is that he drops the title to someone worth dropping the title to, not the timing (although WM is the most meaningful time to do it). There is no guarantee at SummerSlam there will be anyone worth dropping it to. Then what? He keeps it until some other random milestone? I'm not a Cody fan, but he's over. According to Meltzer and LaGreca, they can't keep his merch in stock. Plus he's a guy you can put on Good Morning America. I hate to admit it, but either Roman drops it to Cody on Sunday, or we have another 180+ days until something else percolates. I think Roman wants a break and Hollywood is calling his name.

I like Rollins, but I don't think he's as over as you think. HIS SONG IS, but fans are a bit indifferent to him. I've been to several WWE live events of the past year and everyone chants his song, but no one is on the edge of their seats during the match. He definitely needs a better program.

I do agree with Jey Uso being a future megastar. His work rate is amazing and IMO he has more charisma than Roman. He's a better actor for sure. The way he was able to work the Zayne storyline was top shelf.

The Uso/KO Zayne match is a crapshoot. I just don't see KO/Zayne as a long term solution. It would be tremendous immediate excitement, but I don't see them having any sustainability. Think Mega Powers.

I agree about Charlotte and Rhea. Charlotte's promos have been half hearted lately. I'm not sure if that's on purpose. Rhea needs the strap.

Gunther is the man. You said everything that needs to be said.

Lemme talk to ya....right now I'm on the LA Knight bandwagon. Yeah. He desperately needs a good storyline. I think he can be that next level guy a la Miz. Not the best in-ring, but great mic skills. I'm hoping he wins the Battle Royal and gets weaved into WM somehow. He's my guy.

On my wish list is Bron Breakker making an appearance. It's time. Need a big meathead to give him a rub. Maybe Brock will do it. He's mellowed out in his older age. F5 Omos for the viral clip, then have Bron come in and stomp him out.

Theory/Cena seems odd to me. I agree, they aren't bringing Cena back to lose. But then what? On the other hand, Theory is Vince's boy. Again...weird.

Lastly, I wouldn't be shocked if The Rock interferes with Roman match. I think it's a way to give the fans a little bit of what they've wanted for the past 3 years and not get in the way of Rock's movie making.

Reactions: aTotal360

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Holy shìt, you mean to tell me wrestling is scripted?**

Would you have said anything if they talked about another TV show on one podcast? Probably not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login