Thunder & Lightning: The Longest Rumblings Ever

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Robby talking about the moon landing being fake:
View attachment 431968

Also, we are going back to the moon. They've already launched the 1st test vehicle (SLS) that is part of the project:
https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis/
Yeah I never imagined he was such a conspiracy believer. Thought he was smarter than that. Especially on the moon landing but also the JFK shooting. That one is easier to believe although demonstrably false based on the evidence but the moon landing doubters have to completely suspend common sense to believe that was a hoax.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Yeah I never imagined he was such a conspiracy believer. Thought he was smarter than that. Especially on the moon landing but also the JFK shooting. That one is easier to believe although demonstrably false based on the evidence but the moon landing doubters have to completely suspend common sense to believe that was a hoax.
Over 400k people worked on the Apollo program. To believe we faked the moon landing, you'd have to believe that thousands upon thousands of people have kept this secret for decades and decades. None cashed in and wrote tell all books. None made death bed confessions. Etc. etc. It's beyond fathomable.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
The little green men seem to be making a comeback as well. Conspiracy theories used to be fairly well restricted to headline reading while waiting in the grocery store check out line.

Aug 15, 2011
Over 400k people worked on the Apollo program. To believe we faked the moon landing, you'd have to believe that thousands upon thousands of people have kept this secret for decades and decades. None cashed in and wrote tell all books. None made death bed confessions. Etc. etc. It's beyond fathomable.
Also, the Soviets would have called us out if the landings were faked. It would have been a huge propaganda victory for the USSR to prove the landings were faked.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
I about ran off the road when I heard Robbie say that. SMH...

Edit: At the height of the Cold War/Space Race, even the Soviets acknowledged we landed on the moon! Why would they do that if we faked it! Lordy, this is going to ruin my day.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
The main source of robbie's doubt was stated to be because we went there 50 years ago and never went back. But that is easily explained if you understand the geopolitical climate at the time. The US spent an ENORMOUS amount of money to get to the moon, about 2.5% of GDP annually, because we were in a raging cold war with the soviet union and part of that cold war was a desperate race with the soviets to get to the moon first. Once we achieved that objective the scientific objectives were not enough to sustain the insane costs necessary to keep the program going.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have a Causin who has his PHD in Physics from Stanford. When he was working on his PHD, he worked for NASA. I asked him about all the arguments made saying we did not land on the moon. He said we absolutely put men on the moon. He can debunk everything the deniers say and he did. I believe.

What's funny I have another Causin who is a flat earth guy. He catches hell at family reunions.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
I have a Causin who has his PHD in Physics from Stanford. When he was working on his PHD, he worked for NASA. I asked him about all the arguments made saying we did not land on the moon. He said we absolutely put men on the moon. He can debunk everything the deniers say and he did. I believe.

What's funny I have another Causin who is a flat earth guy. He catches hell at family reunions.
Seems like Robby is likely a Flat Earther too. He even thought Hadad seriously didn't believe birds were real even though it's obvious sarcasm.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The fake moon landing theory isn’t a crazy concept but when you put together all the logistics and the massive number of people who would all have to stay quiet you can immediately throw it out as BS.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Also, the Apollo 12 mission brought back parts taken off of the surveyor 3 unmanned probe that landed there almost 3 years earlier. These parts had to be absolutely verifiable based on serial numbering and other markings.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
i fell for the trap one time and got into an arguement about the moon landing with somebody one day.

i brought up this fact.... the shear amount of people that worked on it and no one ever broke the story that surely would have made them millions when they told the world we faked it.

their response? "There wasn't anybody really working for them. they are just made-up people."

i ended the argument soon after that... my brain couldn't handle any more of the stupidity.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Also, the Apollo 12 mission brought back parts taken off of the surveyor 3 unmanned probe that landed there almost 3 years earlier. These parts had to be absolutely verifiable based on serial numbering and other markings.
They had those parts in a closet. Easily explainable.

• Haha
Reactions: Mud84 and MSUDOG24
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login