Thunder & Lightning: There Are No Answers For Mississippi State Baseball

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Reactions: Purebred Dawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This is shaping up to possibly be the worst MSU baseball team ever ? Well yeah, I think that is a fact already. If we don't beat SC in the first game of the series it will be record breaking futility. It will be a miracle if this team wins 6 SEC games total. A miracle

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is shaping up to possibly be the worst MSU baseball team ever ? Well yeah, I think that is a fact already. If we don't beat SC in the first game of the series it will be record breaking futility. It will be a miracle if this team wins 6 SEC games total. A miracle

This is not a defense of this debacle, but the SEC is much, much stronger than it was for the majority of our baseball history. I'm sure we've had worse teams, but it's becoming very hard to say we've ever had a worse team in comparison to the rest of the conference.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We have an upcoming stretch of Bama/Ole Miss/Auburn in consecutive weeks that may be our only real chance to win a few games. When I tell you 2-10 in our last 12 is the best case scenario, I’m being generous.

Vandy is really good, Kentucky is improved, and SC might be really good too…. But wait until we close the year with Arkansas-Tennessee-LSU-A&M in consecutive weeks.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In baseball you expect to lose a few games. You don't expect to lose them all every weekend.

This is not acceptable for any State fan. Even during the bad years we had a chance to win.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
It definitely seemed like State was more competitive in Cohen’s first 2 years of rebuilding the program from Polk’s recruiting the 12 year olds in summer camps.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login