Thunder & Lightning: Two Things Can Be True About Mississippi State’s Season

Brian Hadad

Oct 1, 2023

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
You guys talking about flipping this roster and how the freshmen did not contribute this year. I agree they were just freshmen this year but next year you should be able to count on those guys to gill some holes. If they can't then whose fault is that ? Whose fault is it if you don't have players that can take the team to regionals ? That's the whole point of 'crootin. Get the right guys and develop them.

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
As Mississippi State’s season came to an end Sunday night in Charlottesville, Virginia, two truths about the team and the program were very evident. Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk discuss how this team exceeded expectations for this year, but still fell short of where most Bulldog fans want the program to be.

The post Thunder & Lightning: Two Things Can Be True About Mississippi State’s Season appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...
Jesus Christ Robbie would you just shut up. This was an awful podcast. How many times are you going to talk about the roster yet Lemonis is responsible for the roster?

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
the problem is we play stupid baseball-low IQ. we made every baserunning error there is -numerous time. we can't advance runners we look at strike three too many times. this year we had 2 dominate starters and still managed to 17 up. We played the worst catcher in SEC history. We had no DH. Our Coach made decision most Little Coaches wouldn't have made.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Jesus Christ Robbie would you just shut up. This was an awful podcast. How many times are you going to talk about the roster yet Lemonis is responsible for the roster?
Yeah, Robbie seemed to be shooting from the hip a little more today that usual, and there were definitely some takes that I completely disagree with. I'm paraphrasing, but...

1) People are going to get upset, but you have to temper expectations for next season. Making a regional should be the bar for '25 - Ok, I understand that Robbie prefaced this by stating that it was Selmon that agreed to give Lemonis a reset button, and if your AD is going to do that, you have to give a coach time to build things back up from the depths that we saw for two years. That said, if Lemonis sat across the table from Selmon this time last year and told him that we'd struggle to make a regional in '25, he should've been fired on the spot. He doesn't get to reset the trajectory yet again due to roster problems that he created, especially after the flame out that we just witnessed in Virginia

2) Virginia won this regional by taking the game from State more than State gave it away - UVA scored its first 4 runs with base hits. All 10 of the other runs were associated with some combination of walks, errors, and poorly played balls. This is before even mentioning our dumbassedry on the base paths, inability to advance runners or even put the ball in play with men on base, or awful approach at the plate. UVA didn't take this series, we gave it away

3) Lemonis has really had some bad luck with the upcoming roster - Ok, really? We've got 3 sophomores eying the draft out of the 12-17 holes in the '25 roster that I mentioned last night, and we're saying that's bad luck? That is nothing more than a perfect storm of poor evaluation of talent, poor development of players, and inability to properly capitalize on the portal. We haven't been able to get more than 2-3 decent players out of the portal in either of the last two seasons, yet we now think Lemonis is going to grab a dozen this summer?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login