Thunder & Lightning: What Mike Leach Should Be Saying at Press Conferences

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Mike Leach is infamous for not really talking about football when he faces the media, but at times, the media wants to only talk football. So what should Leach be saying to those questions instead of stories about dinosaurs and station wagons? Brian Hadad plays the role of the Mississippi State head coach and takes Robbie Faulk’s queries press conference style.

The post Thunder & Lightning: What Mike Leach Should Be Saying at Press Conferences appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I feel like Hadad missed the point of Leach’s “dinosaur hands” response. Rose Bowl wanted to know what the team will work on and Leach gave an emphatic answer. His receivers have to fight for separation with their hands. Obviously it’s an issue that is bothering Leach and you can bet they will be working on that.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Mike Leach is infamous for not really talking about football when he faces the media, but at times, the media wants to only talk football. So what should Leach be saying to those questions instead of stories about dinosaurs and station wagons? Brian Hadad plays the role of the Mississippi State head coach and takes Robbie Faulk’s queries press conference style.

The post Thunder & Lightning: What Mike Leach Should Be Saying at Press Conferences appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...
He should be giving coach speak answers and cliches like all the other college football coaches do at press conferences.**

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Well finally something I can agree with you guys on.

winning: Leach schtick is funny.
losing: Leach schtick is not funny.

I do share Yalls observations that it is weird that a football coach doesn't want to talk football.

Oct 17, 2022
He should be giving coach speak answers and cliches like all the other college football coaches do at press conferences.**
Exactly But what’s funny is, they go on genes under their sock puppet accounts and just Vent hatred for leach 24/7, then whine about stuff like this.

they think they are the centerpiece attraction.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Why? I don’t want to talk engineering after I put in a full day of doing it…
I'm sure you don't want to talk work after work. That is normal. However the context was during his press conferences and coach's call in show. That's his work day.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack
Oct 17, 2022
see here’s the problem, I don’t see fans ever complain about Leachs answers, just a couple of petty small time reporters who hate the guy anyway. They don’t represent the views of the fans. It’s only about them.

if they were professional and just analyzed football they would be worth listening to. I don’t think they know enough football to do that, so it’s all shtick and negativity.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He can say whatever the heck he wants to say as long as it’s not something vile that will get him in trouble.

Of all the complaints one can have about Leach, complaining about his press conferences feels the most “who cares?” out of all of them.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
see here’s the problem, I don’t see fans ever complain about Leachs answers, just a couple of petty small time reporters who hate the guy anyway. They don’t represent the views of the fans. It’s only about them.

if they were professional and just analyzed football they would be worth listening to. I don’t think they know enough football to do that, so it’s all shtick and negativity.
I don’t agree with that. I just think the media want their jobs to be easier by getting good football quotes and stories handed to them. I don’t think any of the media (including Hadad and Robbie) hate Leach. I just think that they get mad when they have to put in a 6-hr day instead of their normal 4-hrs…

HD6

Apr 8, 2003

Fans complain to me all the time about Leach not answering questions, that was the reason I came up with the idea for today's podcast. Nobody in the media hates Leach.

Oct 17, 2022
I don’t agree with that. I just think the media want their jobs to be easier by getting good football quotes and stories handed to them. I don’t think any of the media (including Hadad and Robbie) hate Leach. I just think that they get mad when they have to put in a 6-hr day instead of their normal 4-hrs…

Fans complain to me all the time about Leach not answering questions, that was the reason I came up with the idea for today's podcast. Nobody in the media hates Leach.
Lol. very Dishonest of you. But you hide behind sock puppets.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Lol. very Dishonest of you. But you hide behind sock puppets.
I'm not lying. Nobody on the beat hates Leach. Maybe in the national media, people don't like him, but not locally. We do wish he'd answer our questions to make our jobs easier, but that's not hate.

I don't understand the sock puppet comment. Everybody on this board knows who I am, I go by my real name on 247. Who's hiding?

Reactions: BigDawg0074

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm not lying. Nobody on the beat hates Leach. Maybe in the national media, people don't like him, but not locally. We do wish he'd answer our questions to make our jobs easier, but that's not hate.

I don't understand the sock puppet comment. Everybody on this board knows who I am, I go by my real name on 247. Who's hiding?
illuminati GIF

You’re part of the hidden Illuminati, Brian.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
I thought his dino answer was 4 minutes of Leach being a donkey but it seemed to have a point. He was hoping to work on his receivers alligator arms after a 10 drop game. I do understand how it is a pain in the *** to not get more answers and quicker answers.

Reactions: Maroon13

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

More...
Do not listen, refuse to listen.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

It's all clicks. Shock Jocks. What they do not get is that people, BY FAR are pretty sick of the media and how they approach things these days. Trust in Media is at an all time low.

The people that come along and understand that will gain a massive audience...

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I have never seen him NOT answer a question.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The last time I remember you on this board was when you were so confident in the future under Joe Moorhead. As to your next post, the pod has been consistently in the top 5 sports news podcasts in America the last two months, how much bigger can it get?
Blah blah blah blah. This is the problem with "MEDIA". You are doing it in the wide open. You can take your attack and shove it up your podcast's ***. I stated I thought his offense would be fine and his offense wasn't the problem. It was his ability to control the team. His lack of control of the team was an issue that he needed to be fired over.

• Angry

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Blah blah blah blah. This is the problem with "MEDIA". You are doing it in the wide open. You can take your attack and shove it up your podcast's ***. I stated I thought his offense would be fine and his offense wasn't the problem. It was his ability to control the team. His lack of control of the team was an issue that he needed to be fired over.
The fact you thought his offense was fine and wasn't the problem kind of says it all.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The fact you thought his offense was fine and wasn't the problem kind of says it all.
Media GUY... That's not what I said. Please don't misquote me. I stated that his offense WOULD be fine. As in future. Just like with any new system, it takes time to get the pieces in place. Did he get that time HD? No HD, he did not. Why did he not HD? Because he lost control of the team and he needed to be fired for it.

Second I stated his offense wasn't the problem and followed that up with what the problem was. He lost control of the team.

That you twist and take out of context is actually what says it all.

• Angry

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Media GUY... That's not what I said. Please don't misquote me. I stated that his offense WOULD be fine. As in future. Just like with any new system, it takes time to get the pieces in place. Did he get that time HD? No HD, he did not. Why did he not HD? Because he lost control of the team and he needed to be fired for it.

Second I stated his offense wasn't the problem and followed that up with what the problem was. He lost control of the team.

That you twist and take out of context is actually what says it all.
If you want to die on the hill that Joe Moorhead would have gotten it figured out at MSU with better discipline, I'll let you.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

D4L

Aug 2, 2021
Brian and Robby constantly acting like they are the standards that should be followed for fandom, takes on the program, an what the coaches NEED to be doing is nauseating Telling me what logo I need to like, what playcalling I am supposed to support, and what the damn football coach needs to say...Give me a break.

Oct 17, 2022
Brian and Robby constantly acting like they are the standards that should be followed for fandom, takes on the program, an what the coaches NEED to be doing is nauseating Telling me what logo I need to like, what playcalling I am supposed to support, and what the damn football coach needs to say...Give me a break.
It’s pretty absurd. anyone who has spent time over at genespage knows who their alt handles are, and it’s 24/7 bashing leach, bashing the program, leach should be fired, the offense sucks, no injury reports, blah blah blah. At least have the balls to own up to your bias.

like I said, if they were professional and analyzed football in a mature intelligent way i would give them a chance. But they don’t have the football knowledge to do that so they want to create controversy with negativity and morning zoo lame antics. It’s all about them.

it’s undermining the program and I think really they are undermining any credibility they could have had. It will catch up to them.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

I agree. I remember a media person having a break down on national TV crying because "we are the ones that are suppose give you your opinions!" Literally happened and if it was not political I would post it.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It’s pretty absurd. anyone who has spent time over at genespage knows who their alt handles are, and it’s 24/7 bashing leach, bashing the program, leach should be fired, the offense sucks, no injury reports, blah blah blah. At least have the balls to own up to your bias.

like I said, if they were professional and analyzed football in a mature intelligent way i would give them a chance. But they don’t have the football knowledge to do that so they want to create controversy with negativity and morning zoo lame antics. It’s all about them.

it’s undermining the program and I think really they are undermining any credibility they could have had. It will catch up to them.
Shock jock style?

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The last time I remember you on this board was when you were so confident in the future under Joe Moorhead. As to your next post, the pod has been consistently in the top 5 sports news podcasts in America the last two months, how much bigger can it get?
I dunno for how long, brother. That Iowa State podcast is nipping at your heels.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003

I'm interested to hear what you think my "alt handle" is. I don't have one.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Why? I don’t want to talk engineering after I put in a full day of doing it…
It's mighty big of you to allow me to die on a hill that you are trying to create. Keep that media type spin going.
I don't even know what the hell is being argued in this thread anymore.

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land
Animated GIF

I love it when the press fights amongst each other

Threads like this continually prove to me that Leech is a lot smarter than most everyone knows.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login