Thunder & Lightning: Why is Mississippi State’s Recruiting Off to Such a Slow Start?

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
When Zach Arnett took over as head coach for Mississippi State, he promised a renewed vigor for recruiting the Magnolia State, wanting to get the best in-state prospects to Starkville. Halfway to Signing Day, the Bulldogs have not been able to deliver on that promise, lagging well behind when it comes to getting the cream of the crop of Mississippi. Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk examine what’s the problem for the 2024 class, and if the Bulldogs can turn it around before December arrives.

The post Thunder & Lightning: Why is Mississippi State’s Recruiting Off to Such a Slow Start? appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
When Zach Arnett took over as head coach for Mississippi State, he promised a renewed vigor for recruiting the Magnolia State, wanting to get the best in-state prospects to Starkville. Halfway to Signing Day, the Bulldogs have not been able to deliver on that promise, lagging well behind when it comes to getting the cream of the crop of Mississippi. Brian Hadad and Robbie Faulk examine what’s the problem for the 2024 class, and if the Bulldogs can turn it around before December arrives.

The post Thunder & Lightning: Why is Mississippi State’s Recruiting Off to Such a Slow Start? appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...
Mississippi high school players got their hand out.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
Y’all buried the lede—it’s NIL, and that’s it. Charlie even said it. We use our limited funds on returning players, not high school, and it’s showing. That is the whole conversation.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. Thats it. Other schools can pay but we can't. As everyone here has said it's early. No need worrying until November. Just because all the Mississippi 4 stars are committed elsewhere we will still get ours. ...lol. All those great recruiters we have will flip those guys.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
1. MSU spends less than 50 other NCAA teams on football recruiting. Not talking NIL, but actual recruiting budget resources.
2. Cohen put us way behind in NIL. Every one else got a head start on us that we are not near catching up to the rest of the pack.
He’s the gift that keeps on giving. Or not…giving…or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
Uh, if we don't get some decent HS recruits, we won't have an returning players worth paying
YES! Can't wait to pay some part-time starter at Troy $30,000 to play D-Line when our current guys leave. If you are being recruited by a Sun Belt team or play for a Sun Belt team, we comin...**

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

More...
I don't need to read crap like this on the heels of our ongoing baseball disaster.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

More...
La Tech's class is about to get decimated.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
There used to be two kinds of schools. One that told the NCAA 17 you and one that said thank you sir may I please have more punishment. We obviously were the latter. With the NCAA dying I assumed we would drop our own self sabotage. I see we turned ourselves in for a couple level 111 in basketball and I assume that football won't pay recruits because it is against the "law". Same old ****.

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
There used to be two kinds of schools. One that told the NCAA 17 you and one that said thank you sir may I please have more punishment. We obviously were the latter. With the NCAA dying I assumed we would drop our own self sabotage. I see we turned ourselves in for a couple level 111 in basketball and I assume that football won't pay recruits because it is against the "law". Same old ****.
All the while Auburn hires Pearl and Freeze. We should never admit to another violation as long as those two are in the league.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Yeah I have to be honest.... Charlie going on Hadad's podcast and talking about how we are now offering HS players probably was not great. Giving plenty of ammo to the other instate school on recruiting MS athletes

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Doesn't Mississippi state law forbid HS athletes from signing NIL deals? Time to ignore that ****.
I’m curious how any NIL “deal” (contract) is enforceable under Mississippi law as to a minor. The kid should be able to walk at any point without performance.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
i was disappointed that the new AD didn't shite can Brackey. He needs to go yesterday. He's still living in 1985.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Let's hope the AD doesn't decide that throwing a ton of money on a new stadium that's puts VH to shame is the right response.

Reactions: travis.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login