Ticketmaster hacked…

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I think we should just all assume our full names, birth dates, social security numbers and credit card numbers are all out there on the dark web somewhere. Because they probably are.
Not as much with your SS#, but with the massive amount of apps they want you to download and make an account for just to do basic stuff, is both staggering and infuriating.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Not as much with your SS#, but with the massive amount of apps they want you to download and make an account for just to do basic stuff, is both staggering and infuriating.
Drives me absolutely nuts when you’re on a road trip and you just want to see a fast food menu. First, you must download the app, then make an account, then verify your account, then find your store… all just to see the latest sub specials at Subway

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I think we should just all assume our full names, birth dates, social security numbers and credit card numbers are all out there on the dark web somewhere. Because they probably are.
Yeah, I had to deal with that recently. Keep my credit frozen now unless I’m applying for something and check it often

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah, I had to deal with that recently. Keep my credit frozen now unless I’m applying for something and check it often
Just had a credit card reissued with a new number. Someone was trying to use it Wal Mart website.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
What service do you use to freeze/ unfreeze all three reports?
You can either create an account online with each of the 3 and do it online, or think you can call and do it over the phone too. But you have to contact and freeze each one individually.

Just be sure to unfreeze them before you apply for credit.

Reactions: HulksStache

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
man my doctors office uses some third party outfit out of Belfast Me to process our payments that we made out to our doctors office. My doctors office in Crossgate Brandon. any way, i pay the doctors here locally and they send the payment to this place in Maine who gets hacked.
Anyway they inform me and give me two years of Equifax for free to keep up with any suspicious activity on my accounts. worked out fine so far. if they do not offer you that try requesting it. it s normally like $25 a month . told me that several of my passwords and e mail addresses were found on the dark web but none have tried to been used yet.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Freeze your credit ahead of time. I found out about this the hard way after having multiple credit cards opened in my name. And boy, did the scum bags go to town. Thankfully it was caught soon enough and I wasn’t responsible for the charges. They tried to open more credit cards after the freeze, but were unsuccessful.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
man my doctors office uses some third party outfit out of Belfast Me to process our payments that we made out to our doctors office. My doctors office in Crossgate Brandon. any way, i pay the doctors here locally and they send the payment to this place in Maine who gets hacked.
Anyway they inform me and give me two years of Equifax for free to keep up with any suspicious activity on my accounts. worked out fine so far. if they do not offer you that try requesting it. it s normally like $25 a month . told me that several of my passwords and e mail addresses were found on the dark web but none have tried to been used yet.
I assume my info was stolen from the big equifax breech. It was in 2017 and I had no problems till last year - so that was over 5 years later. Someone opened a credit card in my name at another address and ran up over $10k. From what I could tell the address used was a house that had been for sale, I assume the thief was using it for all correspondence - how he got the actual card. He even paid the bill for a few months. My credit score had dropped to 500

Also interesting… anyone with your info can steal / hack your experian account. When I was doing the disputes with each credit bureau, it said I already had an experian account and showed me a partial email address that I didn’t recognize. I simply created a new account - basically stole it back from the id thief. Ridiculous how easy it is for someone with your info to set up a new account and access your experian report. Iirc you can set up two factor verification once you have control of the account… and maybe keep them from stealing it back.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2023/11/its-still-easy-for-anyone-to-become-you-at-experian/

I will say I was surprised how easy it was dealing with the cc company. I basically told them it wasn’t me who opened the card, wasn’t my address they had on file, I didn’t know the card number, etc and they closed the account and marked it fraudulent. That was maybe a 10 minute phone call. Took another 6 months for the debt collector to quit calling

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Yep. My family already has free Equifax for another year because of a data breach at a local orthopedic office (I and both kids had data stolen), got a letter 3 months ago from a service my wife used that was hacked offering 18-months of monitoring service for free, and got another letter 2-weeks ago from our electric cooperative stating our info was stolen and offering free monitoring for a period of time. Now I’ll be expecting another letter from Ticketmaster. My company recently started offering free ID Shield for the family as a benefit because info theft is so common.

Reactions: patdog

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Are any hackers ever arrested and prosecuted? I have never heard of this happening. I know a lot of them are in other countries but it seems like our systems could do something.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I'm in the boat of hackers should be declared terrorists, and treated appropriately by our intelligence services.
If you'd like to limit that to only ones that have hacked medical entities, we can discuss.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login